Anyone use quickbooks for quotes and invoices? I have a question

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

shapeshifter

When typing an estimate, you have an item list to refer to, i.e plasterboard ceiling, remove blown plaster from walls etc... Each item is meant to have a rate assigned to it i.e £50.00, £100.00 etc...

Is there a way of not assigning a rate as each job (item) varies so much on, customer, how rich they are, what area they live, how much work I have on etc...

I want to have an item list, so that after a few months of typing quotes all of the itemised services I offer are in a list that I can just click on to save me typing loads, but I want to be able to type in any total I like. It seems to just add up he rates of each item in my list and uses this as the total for the quote. This doesnt apply as I charge varied rates depending on job.

Cheers!

Every job might be different so different price or has odo the shapeshifter got a point.I look at the job and price accordingly all the same to me rich, poor lets face it theres no body poorer than us !!

Last edited:
I looked at quickbooks but didnt buy in the end, i didnt want anything that assigned rates per item. is there any way you can scrap that and just have invoice totals amounts

I looked at quickbooks but didnt buy in the end, i didnt want anything that assigned rates per item. is there any way you can scrap that and just have invoice totals amounts

Thats what I want to do, just enter the total for an invoice or estimate, but still have a list of services that it stores that I can just click on rather than type every time. Not sure if quickbooks or any other accounting type programme allows this.

Luckily I didnt pay, just downloaded a torrent file that was cracked so no need for a registration key.

Hmmm, I looked at quickbooks in the past but seemed a bit of over kill.

I use open office draw (free) dump my header in create the invoice template then just fill in the blanks...

there aint any pont if your pricing invoicing on the doestic scene everyjobs different.and no point anyhow unless your invocing tons a week i wouldnt have thought,you can type an invoice in less than ten mins.

I used quickbooks for years and i never assign a price to a product but if you do you can change the rate on the invoice. Its easy to do, when you setup a new product leave the cost 0.00 and adjust it when you do the invoice or quote.

Thats what I want to do, just enter the total for an invoice or estimate, but still have a list of services that it stores that I can just click on rather than type every time. Not sure if quickbooks or any other accounting type programme allows this.

Luckily I didnt pay, just downloaded a torrent file that was cracked so no need for a registration key.

All you need to do is add each item as a 0.00 amount from your list then at the end you you have a item as TOTAL in your list, add that to the end of your invoice/quote but rather than having 0.00 you enter the amount to want to charge .in the amount col. easy

Hello Mate
I just use word for my quotes but save them all so after awhile you have a pre written quote for every job you are likely to get, then all you do is change the name / address and alter the price accordingly and print

I used quickbooks for years and i never assign a price to a product but if you do you can change the rate on the invoice. Its easy to do, when you setup a new product leave the cost 0.00 and adjust it when you do the invoice or quote.

All you need to do is add each item as a 0.00 amount from your list then at the end you you have a item as TOTAL in your list, add that to the end of your invoice/quote but rather than having 0.00 you enter the amount to want to charge .in the amount col. easy

Nice one, this works well. I just leave them all as zero. have an item called 'total' and edit it according to the job. So when it calculates it all, it will only have one figure to go by, so the actuall total will be correct. Sorted, thanks.

Hello Mate
I just use word for my quotes but save them all so after awhile you have a pre written quote for every job you are likely to get, then all you do is change the name / address and alter the price accordingly and print

been using word for years mate, so long winded. I come home most nights and type quotes on word and its a bt of a drawn out process even though I have a template setup etc... a decent invoicing programme is the way forward. Once set up correctly, after a month or so of using it, it remembers previously typed services and saves alot of leg work.

there aint any pont if your pricing invoicing on the doestic scene everyjobs different.and no point anyhow unless your invocing tons a week i wouldnt have thought,you can type an invoice in less than ten mins.

can type it in 3 mins on quickbooks.

also if you do a quote in quickbooks and the job comes off you link the quote to the invoice.
out of interest, which quickbooks did you download, Trying to find a copy of 2010 but no UK ones

use microsoft excel mate its quite simple for example
if you put your M2 rate in one box (box 1)in the box next to it (box 2)put your area IE 50m2 in the box next to it (box 3)you put a sum value in and this is how you write the equation sum=(Box1*box2) so your sum should look like this example sum=(a1*b2) this will add up your total automaticaly do each line at each rate and when you have all your rates in have the total at the bottom to do this you highlight all your boxes drag down and hit autosum on your desktop

hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.