Anyone plastered in europe (netherlands) with MP75? Huge problems!

AdamAmpire

Hi guys new member here.

I am a uk based project manager, moved over to the Netherlands to manage a large development firm. All the plasterers are Ukrainian and use the standard EU MP75.

The problem is this product is rough as toast (gritty) and doesn't provide a finish. Their process is to flat and level the wall with mp75, then once dry, thin skim with Knauf fill & finish. THEN!! they sand the walls down. The final result is great, the labour required is just unsustainable.

The process is incredibly laborious, takes a huge amount of time and uses a lot of product.

Does anyone know of a supplier of gypsum mutli finish or a similar product over here?

Thanks!

Hi guys new member here.

I am a uk based project manager, moved over to the Netherlands to manage a large development firm. All the plasterers are Ukrainian and use the standard EU MP75.

The problem is this product is rough as toast (gritty) and doesn't provide a finish. Their process is to flat and level the wall with mp75, then once dry, thin skim with Knauf fill & finish. THEN!! they sand the walls down. The final result is great, the labour required is just unsustainable.

The process is incredibly laborious, takes a huge amount of time and uses a lot of product.

Does anyone know of a supplier of gypsum mutli finish or a similar product over here?

Thanks!
When we work in the Netherlands we use Knauf gold or black band as a base coat. to float out reveals, chases and beads.
for the finish coat Tarmac self finishing plaster. these plasters are simple to use.
I take it that you are using the concrete wallpaper blocks and the gypsum blocks on the internal walls.
there are a few large plastering contractors in the Netherlands , De Brown, and Hank B. both have a large base of direct employed labour.

Hi guys new member here.

Thanks!
I think you'll find it's the guys doing the work that are "rough as toast". I can't imagine that the euro MP75 is any different or the process not the same as that used in the UK? That being the case they haven't got a scooby what they're doing.

I think you'll find it's the guys doing the work that are "rough as toast". I can't imagine that the euro MP75 is any different or the process not the same as that used in the UK? That being the case they haven't got a scooby what they're doing.
We've used here in Manchester years ago sprayed by g4 . It left a decent finish from what I can remember. Spatted sponged them troweled flat

Hi guys new member here.

Thanks!
I suppose that’s Putins fault as well.