anyone known it to rain so much

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normal for this time of the year, but if you have to plaster a room without windows, new build, it sets very quick and uneven

Ive never known it to sit this long... .the air is that damp everytime I trowel it the moisture is just coming back on it.

Its damn wet down here on the coast :-\ think jan and feb is going to be the wettest in history :D

Waters just penetrating everywhere now ....houses skimmed just before christmas walls are full of mould.

Whats the irish finish like to use ....ive never know board finish take so long to set.

Its not even that cold just so damp.
I cant remember a day of sunshine in the north.

I know how the starks felt now.

Waters just penetrating everywhere now ....houses skimmed just before christmas walls are full of mould.

Whats the irish finish like to use ....ive never know board finish take so long to set.

Its not even that cold just so damp.
I cant remember a day of sunshine in the north.

I know how the starks felt now.

We are using ultra finish on to sand and cement that was put on before Christmas. It is ment to be short set but is just sitting for an age!

Fuuuck it ...im gonna coat a full fuucking house tomorrow in 1 big f**k**g hit.

My crate has got an arse cheek shape to it now.
Anyone know a decent accelerator .....even dirty water isnt helping.

by eck its grim up north pal.........I've been trying to do some pebble dashing since mid December ....a record 14" o rainfall don't help matters neither ...typical british weather ( f@ck me I sound like me old man)

few dryish days and all grand now , stuff setting not too bad.
I had the dehumidifier and blow heater on and that helped.

When I was using BGypsum finish a couple of months ago, even though it finished in an hour and a half it didn't completely set for about 5 hrs ( change colour) it shouldn't take that long by rights so when it s damp like this it's bound to cause problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The amount of moisture in the atmosphere should not really make any difference to setting time, skimming will set in the bottom of a bucket of water same time as on wall. Drying and setting not the same thing.

Sent from my HUAWEI G6-L11 using Tapatalk

The amount of moisture in the atmosphere should not really make any difference to setting time, skimming will set in the bottom of a bucket of water same time as on wall. Drying and setting not the same thing.

That was the point I was trying to make paddy, BG multi was taking 5 hrs to set in the good weather

That was the point I was trying to make paddy, BG multi was taking 5 hrs to set in the good weather

Sorry K, my post wasn't directed towards you man, more towards OP and other posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.