Anyone know / recommend a decent 360-degree worklight?

When I started labouring on site in the early eighties spread I worked with used a candle if the bathroom had no windows, if he didn't have a candle he'd light an empty bag up to trowel!
My old man has told me about his first governor working by the light of burning Sirapite bags. It's quite a recent thing spreads being expected to supply their own lights.

Eaurber do a 40 watt rechargeable work light in screw fix 54 pounds it’s not 360 but it’s a fantastic light I was so impressed I bought two of them I’ve had Aalto of rechargeable lights over the years and this is by far the best

Eaurber do a 40 watt rechargeable work light in screw fix 54 pounds it’s not 360 but it’s a fantastic light I was so impressed I bought two of them I’ve had Aalto of rechargeable lights over the years and this is by far the best
I've got three of these now and will be buying more. Really good lights.

I see m8 I think the class of 92 slowly coming to a end but Higgins and ronnie showed the new kids on the block how to play snooker. But Higgins was worn out against the young yan!
Got to say the old lads have had a good career but I think ronnie Higgins got at least nother 5years at the top!

My old man has told me about his first governor working by the light of burning Sirapite bags. It's quite a recent thing spreads being expected to supply their own lights.
In the 1950s nobody had a van very few had a car so most went to work on a bus, so you only took basic tools and the contractor you were working for would take wheelbarrow/water butt etc to site

In the 1950s nobody had a van very few had a car so most went to work on a bus, so you only took basic tools and the contractor you were working for would take wheelbarrow/water butt etc to site
My old man didn't have a van until the late seventies. Everything went in the boot of the family car, apart his screeding rules that were put on a roof rack. Sunday afternoons/evenings I would help load up ready for him to go to work Monday morning.
Biggest van he ever had for work was an Ital.

The 360° Choen light is available again, for anyone who may be interested. It's a nice light with decent throw.

Choen 45w 360° light.jpg

While I'm on the subject, does anyone know where I can get a collapsible telescopic tripod for it, just like this one? (as cheaply as possible, within reason):

Choen 60w 360° light.jpg

Cheers.

Bit embarrassing :risas2: - I should've used the right search term on eBay. I was just getting results for camera tripods. Went back and typed in 'site tripod', and voila - exactly what I was looking for, for 15 quid!

Bit embarrassing :risas2: - I should've used the right search term on eBay. I was just getting results for camera tripods. Went back and typed in 'site tripod', and voila - exactly what I was looking for, for 15 quid!
I threw a couple of those tripods away not long ago. I'd have sent them free if I'd known.

I did one job back in the day with florescent tubes wired up as lamps. They were brilliant, until I hit one with the corner of the trowel, hell of a bang, glass shot out across the whole room. Stick to rechargeable lamps.

I did one job back in the day with florescent tubes wired up as lamps. They were brilliant, until I hit one with the corner of the trowel, hell of a bang, glass shot out across the whole room. Stick to rechargeable lamps.

Yeah, LEDs have made things so much nicer to work with.

The other bad thing about flourescent tubes is they have mercury in them.

Milwaukee tripod light all the way maybe abit out of what your willing to spend but suberb light! Has 3 directional lights with a telescopic stand that goes around 8 foot tall, I think this is on the lowest setting in this pic.

Collect tomorrow
Milwaukee M18 HSAL-0 2.15m 18 / 110V Li-Ion RedLithium Cordless Rocket LED Tower Light - Bare (333FP)
£329.99
Screwfix.com

IMG_20210106_082545.jpg

Tried a Defender 2 foot 20w LED light last week (admittedly not a 360 degree light)

Nicely put together, and the 2 110v take-off sockets are convenient, but I can't understand why they made such a huge lamp a tiny 20w output, when it could have very easily been 60, 80, 100w, or more.

Anyone know a decent whole-room 360-degree worklight?

Not instead of spotlamps, but just for general purpose work area illumination.

This is for domestic work, so Defender is no good for me, as most of their gear is 110v.

Don't want a fragile flourescent tube - only LED.

Don't care if it's rechargeable or not.

Not looking to spend a fortune (DeWalt DCL074-XJ is too expensive), but will consider going to £100-150 if the performance is there. Looking for something compact, and the brighter the better.

Saw this:

www.screwfix.com/p/stanley-sxls31324es-led-plasterers-worklight-40w-240v/671fv

which seems OK but a bit easy to topple.

Stanley were doing more compact LED lamps, but now discontinued:

www.sitebox.ltd.uk/stanley-led-professional-area-light-8400-lumens-240v110v-ostnly_SXLS31324E

Been looking at this

Scangrip Area Light Mains 240V 4000 lumen
View attachment 57018

Any of you have any experience / recommendations, please?

Cheers.

Attachments

• F51DA4AC-4FA4-4C38-9E7B-21A6108B94CA.png
    F51DA4AC-4FA4-4C38-9E7B-21A6108B94CA.png
    757.7 KB · Views: 115
Dewalt DCL074

Thanks, but I can't be arsed to spend £230 - just liked the idea of getting another 360 lamp for £30ish (in the other recent thread) :).

Going back to the start of this thread, here, I bought the 45w Choen and I like it and use it (in addition to the Erbauer tripod lights) (y)

Milwaukee, DeWalt, Festool all look to do nice options, but only for a few hundred :confused: