Anyone in North Yorks need a hand?

PaulPlumb

Labouring really and I'm not wanting silly dosh. I've been in the building trade for 20yrs as a plumber though we've now left the rat race, so I just want some beer tokens.

I can use a trowel and have skimmed plenty of walls. Though I'd never call myself a plasterer, one did once said my work was ok and I've done a private job or two Just trying to be honest.

Labouring really and I'm not wanting silly dosh. I've been in the building trade for 20yrs as a plumber though we've now left the rat race, so I just want some beer tokens.

I can use a trowel and have skimmed plenty of walls. Though I'd never call myself a plasterer, one did once said my work was ok and I've done a private job or two Just trying to be honest.

Why can't you make some beer tokens doing a bit less plumbing than you used to?

I'd rather fuk about with a few pipes than mix and spread plaster all day if I had the choice

Especially for what the misers on here want to pay labs.....

£40 a day... YOU WANT £40 A DAY? I'LL GIVE YOU £40 a WEEK MAYBE. IF YOU'RE ANY GOOD THAT IS? I USED TO MAKE £40 a MONTH WHEN I WERE A LAD.

Etc

Especially for what the misers on here want to pay labs.....

£40 a day... YOU WANT £40 A DAY? I'LL GIVE YOU £40 a WEEK MAYBE. IF YOU'RE ANY GOOD THAT IS? I USED TO MAKE £40 a MONTH WHEN I WERE A LAD.

Etc

My latest labs £40 a day. He had to unblock the drain today. Apparently his arms still numb

1F107AA8-E5D5-46FA-B0DE-25F5D3860EBF.jpeg

We live full time in a motorhome, I can't carry the tackle for plumbing even if I wanted to which I don't.

Two wall jobs lol, cos everyone is desperate for hand on those to catch macdonald before he stops doing breakfast. Don't take the piss

Two wall jobs lol, cos everyone is desperate for hand on those to catch macdonald before he stops doing breakfast. Don't take the piss

I just picked up £500 for 2 walls.
And got extra £100 off the fella (teacher) for working sat n sun.
£300 a wall.
I never wanted it.
And I won't be doing it again felt like I'd been raped.

I absolutely hate plastering.
But it pays better than most jobs.

Think whatever you want, I don't need the expense, stress or the heartache. And I actually quite enjoy a bit of plastering.

Yeah. But unless you find a minted plasterer who can pay you to do a ‘bit of plastering’ you’ll end up labouring for someone like @algeeman whos throwing on ridiculous amounts and you’ll get a rude awakening onto what’s involved.

Horrible life....gob smacked how everyone wants to be proud of pushing shite up walls lol.
Always baffled me !!

What bugs me is other trades who pop in to do their first fix. Make a mess. Then they come back and as if by magic everything is fixed and skimmed all looking great.

They have no idea the effort that goes into it or the shite we have to get over.

Then they retire and want to be paid to do ‘a bit of plastering’ like it’s a f**k**g hobby or something

What bugs me is other trades who pop in to do their first fix. Make a mess. Then they come back and as if by magic everything is fixed and skimmed all looking great.

They have no idea the effort that goes into it or the shite we have to get over.

Then they retire and want to be paid to do ‘a bit of plastering’ like it’s a f**k**g hobby or something

Bugs me turing up nowadays lol xx

Then they retire and want to be paid to do ‘a bit of plastering’ like it’s a fkg hobby or something
That's the second go you've had at taking "a bit of plastering" totally out of context and trying to spin in into something different. As long as it makes you feel better I suppose.

I've already said I've been in the building trade for 20yrs and you try make out I think it is a "f..... hobby" lol, prick.

That's the second go you've had at taking "a bit of plastering" totally out of context and trying to spin in into something different. As long as it makes you feel better I suppose.

I've already said I've been in the building trade for 20yrs and you try make out I think it is a "f..... hobby" lol, prick.

Just go work with a spread for a week and report back to us from hospital.

Just go work with a spread for a week and report back to us from hospital.
When we sold up we bought a little house we now rent out, I gutted it, ripped every ceiling down and reskimmed the lot. I put central heating in it, new kitchen, bathroom, walls knocked out and floors propped and lintels replaced etc etc. I did the lot with our lass, apart from sparky mate who rewired it. We were out of there in 6 weeks and into the motorhome and been in it since.

I'll say no more as you are clearly on the wind up.

When we sold up we bought a little house we now rent out, I gutted it, ripped every ceiling down and reskimmed the lot. I put central heating in it, new kitchen, bathroom, walls knocked out and floors propped and lintels replaced etc etc. I did the lot with our lass, apart from sparky mate who rewired it. We were out of there in 6 weeks and into the motorhome and been in it since.

I'll say no more as you are clearly on the wind up.

I think you’re on the wind up. You’re super fit but not fit enough to do PLUMBING!?? So to have an easy life you want to do Plastering .. the most psychically demanding trade

To put it into perspective, I met a plumber who sneezed and dislocated his back.

I know a spread who mixed up 3 bags of dab then realised the mixer wasn’t plugged in.

I think you’re on the wind up. You’re super fit but not fit enough to do PLUMBING!?? So to have an easy life you want to do Plastering .. the most psychically demanding trade
I think you mean physically. Good luck getting Uri Geller cheap though