Anyone having problems with PVA?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quinny08

hey guys, just a new member to this site, so nice to meet you all.

My problem needing solved is about pva. I've been in the trade for 4 years fully qualified and "time served". but never experienced the problem i am having with the pva.
Basically at 1 time you could apply pva neat to a wall and then plaster it minutes later but now even after watering it down 2:1 the plaster seems to slide all over the wall. Some of my work mates says to prime the wall/ceiling a day before then plaster it, but my opinion to that is that it looses its stickyness and only seals the wall.
Anyone else having this problem or knows the sollution could you please let me knows.
Many Thanks

quinny08 ;)

firstly you are putting it on far too stong 3-1 min you must also take into account weather conditions at the moment and also diffirent backgrounds.

it all depeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeends.................................on the background suction.......if youre struggling me old time served mate use bondit or wba ;)

Let the 1st coat dry and the 2nd go tacky before you start. The sliding is because the PVA is still wet.

flaz said:
usually give two coats the day before mate,then start skimming straight on it,doing it like this for years no probs at all

Cant help but read your post with a Geordie accent in my head. ;D

TrowelADDICT said:
what happened 2 the handle bars semaj

Had a full beard grown for Halloween with the intention of going as Hitler, one of those sick ones.

Shaved it off in stages then took photos, of each stage, I'll look see if I can find my Hitler persona.

If I ever get a Bike then I am defo gonna get the Handlebar look back.

1st coat on and dry 2nd coat tacky / almost dry then skim pva if its cheep ie b and q / wicks empty tub into bucket and fill tub with water shake uo and tip into bucket 2/1 if its a good pva try 3/1 or 4/1 if its unibond plasterers pva which is about £30 for 5 ltrs

Semaj said:
flaz said:
usually give two coats the day before mate,then start skimming straight on it,doing it like this for years no probs at all

Cant help but read your post with a Geordie accent in my head. ;D

from newcastle aswel. thts impressive. u stalking me? hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.