Anyone else noticing how busy work is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorto

Seems to be picking up round my way big time. Getting couple calls a day over site work .i know we don't talk bout wages but generally my rates av been put up . Even seen in local paper a big outfit advertising for lads. Long May it continue

Yep. I've taken a week off to let shoulder rest and I've looked at 3 jobs allready today and it's not even 11am. Have priced up at least 10 jobs this week and increased my rates by £40 a day :RpS_wink:

Still ended up up having to work 2 days of my 'holiday' tho , on old rates for regulars :RpS_cursing:

Yep. I've taken a week off to let shoulder rest and I've looked at 3 jobs allready today and it's not even 11am. Have priced up at least 10 jobs this week and increased my rates by £40 a day :RpS_wink:

Still ended up up having to work 2 days of my 'holiday' tho , on old rates for regulars :RpS_cursing:
Upto £40 a day, that's 200 a week, you grabbing fooker, we are quietish ,lots coming up, but not immediate, then we will be fn swamped

Upto £40 a day, that's 200 a week, you grabbing fooker, we are quietish ,lots coming up, but not immediate, then we will be fn swamped

Customers were here quick enough to haggle a year ago so why not increase ? Supply and demand. TBH they're not massive jobs, £500 here, £1500 there so adding on £100 or £200 not a deal breaker.
Feast or famine in this game so best make hay while the sun shines.

I love an old cliche, as some might say :RpS_thumbsup:

Customers were here quick enough to haggle a year ago so why not increase ? Supply and demand. TBH they're not massive jobs, £500 here, £1500 there so adding on £100 or £200 not a deal breaker.

Yes, I moved up about six months ago, might increase day rate again to my 2000 rate, that's the 2050 rate for some..

Just take one job at a time

Just take one job at a time
Easy to say, but when two or three regulars are ready at the same time ,you do your best to keep them sweet, earlier on we were doing two days on one site ,three days on another, then 3 days back to first, two days to second etc. nightmare

If you're quiet john I can pass on your no when I get more calls. All the work is normally within 10 mins of ilford, Essex. Being able to speak a 2nd or 3rd language , not necessarily English, would help.
a lot of the jobs are just room overskim or ceiling replacement etc so it's whether u would want to bother etc

If you're quiet john I can pass on your no when I get more calls. All the work is normally within 10 mins of ilford, Essex. Being able to speak a 2nd or 3rd language , not necessarily English, would help.
a lot of the jobs are just room overskim or ceiling replacement etc so it's whether u would want to bother etc
Would like it but hate travelling, got a nice render job coming up chiswick way just trying to get scaffold up, same as you travelling here for a room to skim. Its a weakness of mine,needing to be local.just want to keep my two guys working, at times I could bin all my trowels, if the housing market wasn't so fn mental I would get one and do it up, that keeps us busy 3/4 months and its preferable to plastering,
someone rang earlier about skimming a room, so I gave him a price over the phone ,he said when could you do it, I said anytime that suits you, so he's getting other quotes and may return back to me, not holding my breath... Anything with loads of wonga pass it on,wealth might not suit you, I promise I won't take Essex over.

Nothing ventured nothing gained John. My sister lives in Ealing and I go over there quite often so let us know when your in Chiswick and I'll drop in and see ye

Thinking outside the box,taking what you say on board, must rank as the most annoying things to hear someone say, I lose interest once people cliche me, there's more fish in the sea! Fucken,really, ha ha

Thinking outside the box,taking what you say on board, must rank as the most annoying things to hear someone say, I lose interest once people cliche me, there's more fish in the sea! Fucken,really, ha ha

Champagne ideas with lemonade money is still the best one asif

I'm working seven days a week at the moment. Even thinking about not going on holiday in July.

Things are going well here in Bristol. I am not still not up to rates of pre 2008 but I am getting to there. Is tehre anyone else on here from Bristol? I have work spare sometimes and can paass it on but you need to be **** hot as I don't want my reputation to suffer ultimately the customer contracted me. There are some poor ones around here like evrywhere else. I do not mind people striving to learn like cranny but I cannot abide roughriders

Status
Not open for further replies.