Anyone cut down a speedskim?

Cheers Bobski :) Hope so! The Speedskim System has great appeal particularly with the new blade ranges coming out :)
New sizes will be available including 450mm and 900mm. On sizes like 450, 600 particularly a selection of different blades are on the horizon.
As well as ST and SF, next up in the coming weeks will be 'PF' (Ultra-Fine Plastic Finisher), followed by 'TL' (Serrated range for tiling adhesive and base-coat render) with 'DC' (designed for smoothing and trimming vinyl wall coverings) later this year.
So for those of you that get involved in other aspects of construction and fit-outs, your OX Speedskim will be ticking lots of boxes! ;-)
Congratulations on the Ox deal. I think Ox will benefit more having your name associated with them than vice versa. I've been a speedskim user since you first launched and look forward to the new launches.

Thanks for the tag Danny :)
Have posted reply regarding the new sizes 450mm and 900mm as you will have seen. Regarding cutting the Speedskims down to desired lengths yourself, we can see the logic and 'temptation' - but don't recommend it.
The handle, end caps and blade have built in features that allow for blade expansion during ranging temperatures. This and the blade gasket are an incredibly important aspect of the design (in built from Jan 2015) - keeps the blades nice and straight particularly in the summer months.
Cutting the Speedskim's down adversely affects this.
Whilst posting, just a note we are in the process of launching other blade ranges - PF, DC, TL and GL - to go with the existing ST and SF, so again another reason not to cut down. The system is about to become even more versatile - hopefully great news for Plasterers that get involved in other trades :)
Will Ox be showcasing their products on the forum? Would make sense.

Cheers Bobski :) Hope so! The Speedskim System has great appeal particularly with the new blade ranges coming out :)
New sizes will be available including 450mm and 900mm. On sizes like 450, 600 particularly a selection of different blades are on the horizon.
As well as ST and SF, next up in the coming weeks will be 'PF' (Ultra-Fine Plastic Finisher), followed by 'TL' (Serrated range for tiling adhesive and base-coat render) with 'DC' (designed for smoothing and trimming vinyl wall coverings) later this year.
So for those of you that get involved in other aspects of construction and fit-outs, your OX Speedskim will be ticking lots of boxes! ;-)

Do you know when I will be able to get hold of the tiling one? Sounds crazy but I think this may have a place for my.up and coming jobs.

Do you know when I will be able to get hold of the tiling one? Sounds crazy but I think this may have a place for my.up and coming jobs.

Hi mate, just arranging the PF blades (Ultra-Fine Plastic Finisher),which will be available/on sale I would say in the next 5 weeks.

The TL blades (for tiling adhesive and base-coat render) will be available in limited numbers in around 8 weeks ~ Will update you, and let you guys know.. ;-)

Had a 900 sf blade waiting for last couple weeks so I thought I would get my grinder out and chop away.

20170602_195822.jpg

Sf one cut to size to take standard 900 blade and other one cut 1800 st blade in half and belled the edges out so it actually gets into corners......
Stole the idea from a pic @scottie5 posted.

Just need to drill the holes but usable tmw now so for less then 30snotts I now have 2 different bladed usable speedies. Instead of the 1800 that never ever come out.

Had a 900 sf blade waiting for last couple weeks so I thought I would get my grinder out and chop away.

View attachment 18239

Sf one cut to size to take standard 900 blade and other one cut 1800 st blade in half and belled the edges out so it actually gets into corners......
Stole the idea from a pic @scottie5 posted.

Just need to drill the holes but usable tmw now so for less then 30snotts I now have 2 different bladed usable speedies. Instead of the 1800 that never ever come out.

Smart

Thank you, the SF is a lovely tool to use, much better then expected. Used 2 + 4 foot ST's for months but could never finish with them...... but this I can so it's made it's money back just today.
I use the 1200 more than any other size :)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk