Anyone come up against distemper? If I’ve spelt it right?!?

Members online

Yes but can’t tell half of time . Did one other day. A ceiling . My instincts said don’t skim it but I’d only priced to skim it because it had wallpaper on at the time . Anyway all bubbled when skimming and started to fall off . Had to nip to merchants and pick up some boards . Later finish but my fault. Should of gone with my instincts

distemper was still in use in to the 50s. any property built before this time is suspect.

Yes but can’t tell half of time . Did one other day. A ceiling . My instincts said don’t skim it but I’d only priced to skim it because it had wallpaper on at the time . Anyway all bubbled when skimming and started to fall off . Had to nip to merchants and pick up some boards . Later finish but my fault. Should of gone with my instincts
Never price anything that is cover'd up by paper . #not pricing that till the papers off.

Iv had a ceiling come down, tried pre grit and still failed
Walls bubbled in places but pulled in as the gear went off

Loads of times.. usually can get away with cutting out the bubbled up bits, wiping down, glueing and throwing some old gear back in the hole.. then keep your fingers crossed, get paid and run away, black list the customers number too, sorted.
Don’t slam the door on the way out! Lol

Skim it lol
It’s alright geez, he’s only been lurking for 8 years! Lol.
64F7C9E9-07D0-478A-8F1A-2984B813EAE4.jpeg