Anybody used this Carlite finish?

A0334315-0FD7-4593-8B9B-9424798F00D0.jpeg

I've been using the standard red bagged Carlite the last couple days, finding it tearing and dragging a lot, needing a lot more water than multi, glad I've got the mediflex!

Timings are definitely different, I don't think it's better than multi yet and that's saying something!

Doing my kitchen ceiling as had a pipe leak during the week.

Attachments

• IMG_20200606_120705.jpg
    IMG_20200606_120705.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 221
I've been using the standard red bagged Carlite the last couple days, finding it tearing and dragging a lot, needing a lot more water than multi, glad I've got the mediflex!

Timings are definitely different, I don't think it's better than multi yet and that's saying something!

I’ve had it tear up a bit in odd patch’s not all over. I think it’s better trowelled up when it’s a set a bit more than you would normally do, with more water.

used it today, it hangs a lot longer than pink but ideal if you have a load to go at.
The ultra goes in quicker I am going to mix up 50/50 in same tub tomorrow and see how it performs.
just need to adjust timings a bit. I think it is made for the Irish so more laid back @johniosaif ?

used it today, it hangs a lot longer than pink but ideal if you have a load to go at.
The ultra goes in quicker I am going to mix up 50/50 in same tub tomorrow and see how it performs.
just need to adjust timings a bit. I think it is made for the Irish so more laid back @johniosaif ?
I haven’t worked in Ireland since the mid 80s , this finish wasn’t about then

I haven’t worked in Ireland since the mid 80s , this finish wasn’t about then
When I worked in a Galway site in 85 , there was outside full time renderers and internal full time float and set gangs , they were great tradesmen, bizarrely there was an English clerk of works , he wore a suit and bowler hat , probably a QS , the guys told me he never spoke a word to anyone in 10 years ,

When I worked in a Galway site in 85 , there was outside full time renderers and internal full time float and set gangs , they were great tradesmen, bizarrely there was an English clerk of works , he wore a suit and bowler hat , probably a QS , the guys told me he never spoke a word to anyone in 10 years ,
I remember him he was deaf and dumb

Just got twenty bags today, will let you know what it’s like when I use it got a good use by date though 30th November. Bear in mind I use carbon steel and not stainless though so may find it easier going than those that use stainless