Any truth in it?

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there silica in Celcon/Thermalite blocks? I'm guessing there is and there's s**t loads of dust comes of them as you're pounding the S&C onto them and by the end of the day my nose is full of it.

yeah they're full of it.

It came to my attention when Chris on here was going on about Silica in aerated blocks being the next biggest killer - I think

Now it turns out they put Silica in what looks like all our plastering products - why do they need to do this?

Think I'm gonna start a new thread on all this.

I'm onto the dust masks straight away, what worries me is what I've already breathed in.

silica is a minor worry compared to some of the things i have to breathe in after some of the lads have been out the night before....:RpS_cursing:

Oh this just gets better and better, Celcons are full of the s**t, it's in every plaster product I've ever used and then just when I buy a Ritmo Nick mentions the amount of shiz floating around in the air when spraying aaahhhhh!

How would they go on about using quattro boards for sound absorbsion they have to be taped. Also check out Dri-coat it has a chemical in it called chromium IV. (or at least it did)

Chromium is lovely! get the bling bling look on ya lungs... Theres crap in everything pretty much. Very easy to go too far on the HSE. Recently heard theyre talking about making cavity walls with a 300 mm cavity because some goon wants to put some sort of membrane/lintel combo in because of radon gas coming from foundation slabs.
Not being funny, we probably eat more chemicals than hormones etc in the food we eat everyday than what we get exposed to on site if we use proper PPE.

How would they go on about using quattro boards for sound absorbsion they have to be taped. Also check out Dri-coat it has a chemical in it called chromium IV. (or at least it did)

Better give Erin Brickovich a call then. Don't make a mistake and call Julia Roberts though.

All I say is I know of 10 spreads at least who are 60+ who show no signs of health problems through inhaling plaster dust
over there working life more joint problems then anything else. What will fecking take years off your life is stress, not been able to earn a decent living for your wife and kids poor diet etc thats a real killer.

Chromium is lovely! get the bling bling look on ya lungs... Theres crap in everything pretty much. Very easy to go too far on the HSE. Recently heard theyre talking about making cavity walls with a 300 mm cavity because some goon wants to put some sort of membrane/lintel combo in because of radon gas coming from foundation slabs.
Not being funny, we probably eat more chemicals than hormones etc in the food we eat everyday than what we get exposed to on site if we use proper PPE.
Been doing it for years mate, i worked with brickies in the 70s they were so rough by the time we got to plate high you could drop a small dog down the cavity and it started of at damp at 2 inches in them days.

Status
Not open for further replies.