Any options you want.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Guys,

Right this forum behind the scenes is like a BT switchboard more options than I can shake a stick at.

If you find that you cant do something that you want to... let me know what it is and I will enable it (within reason)

Danny

A "go down" button like before?? (no I'm not being rude)
On old forum it was on the left!

I miss it :RpS_crying:

you mean like a 'go to last post' button? click the little blue arrows in the forum, takes you straight there...
i cant remember a 'go down button'? what colour was it?

Chris i only just noticed - view first unread V :RpS_thumbup:

Doh!

Last edited:
aaahhh its different to the one on the thread title on the board....

danny can you make the 'go to last post' button on the board into a 'go to last unread' button so its a straight clickthrough without having to rewind a bit if its a poular thread?

Hi guys,

there is this button "View First Unread" that will take you to the first post you have not read.... then when the thread gets longer you hit that and the jobs a good'n!

Is that what you guys mean?

Danny

If yoiu wanna boost your points go read the experience Tab.

I will be opening teh blog up soon and then you guys can earn a lot of points by posting articles and what not

Danny

yeh thats the one danny but before you get to the actual thread, like on the board itself where the individual threads are listed theres a similar button on the far right..
hover it and its 'go to last post'... click it and it does, but if theres been say 5 replies since you last read it you have to rewind a bit..
soooo, if the 'view first unread' button within the thread, and the 'go to last post' on the board buttons were swapped over, i think it would make more sense..
anyone agree?
currently you either have to jump directly to the last post from the board, or just click the thread (1st post) then click the 'view first unread) button - 2 clicks..
if you got a dongle or a phone it takes a bit longer...

I spose that is possible..... will take a bit of hacking and with every update I would have to do the same....

I will have a think... (somethings are just not worth the hassle)

Danny

sack it then mate, if its not on the 'adjustbale options' list...
just didnt know if it was on the tweaks...
if theres a 'properties' box for every 'object' then in there it should have a 'target' and a 'hover display text'...
if the target is changed to whatever the code for 'first unread' is and just change the hover text its job done...
the code for 'first unread' with be in the first unread button properties..
if you havent got access to object properties its defo not worth the hassle...

How do you find out who thanked you?

I've seen other forums where you can see all your 'thanked' posts - and the thanker. (and no I'm not short-tongued:RpS_sleep: )

I have a look at different colours but from what I remember the styles for that are controlled one and for all....

I will have a look mate and see if theres a setting.... not going to be lgging in to teh control panel till monday I resting this weekend :)

But I promise I will look on monday

Danny

I was going to put that in....

but the server load and the bs that would go with it is not worth the hassle.

Danny

nope.....

it simply wont work I spoke to many people about it who have forums and they just told me not to and the more I think the more I realise its could cause a lot of problems

I was going to put that in....

but the server load and the bs that would go with it is not worth the hassle.

Danny

Have a look at this one danny it cost a few quid every few months but works fine or I think they have a free one with limited chat..

Code:
http://www.shoutmix.com/main/

Sorry posted that link before I seen your last post . No problem if you think its more trouble than its worth your probably right.

Last edited:
yeah I think that it can get very heated in here on the best of times and all it takes is a few people to destroy a company in teh chat and boom this forum is shut down by a heavy hand lawyer.

It came close in 2009 and I not going to let it again.....

I have tooo much time and money invested in this place to watch it go down the kasi :)

Danny

What about a Rep button Danny?. Comes in handy when you want to say something to someone without everyone else seeing it without using the pm feature.

Are you going to only have one skin also ?

Last edited:
dont see a need for the re button.... we have the experience thing and the thanks button.

And yes only having one skin..... I dont see teh point having more than one skin.....

Some skins don't work for some people ie: some people hate light bright skins usually default skins they find them very difficult to read and others have no probs whatsoever,not sure if its preference or their eyesight. The rep comes in handy for finding out who thanked you and saying stuff you don't wanna post. We have tried most hacks for vb and have been running it for many years now if you need any feedback for weather they work or not just ask:).

Status
Not open for further replies.