any one heard of kraft elite trowels

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

hirst

r these trowels any good. never used them and want to know. i use a 14,5 marshall trowel and like it but have trouble with the grip. i like the wood grips. but was looking at these trowels and they look the part but not shore. :confused:

what problem you having with the grip you can always buy replacement wooden handles mate

arnt kraft that shite make you see on the builders merchants shelve that everyone walks past and thinks, what a beg of shite?

no kraft stuffs nice leather bound handles on trowels nice comfortable mag hawks

must have been thinking of something else, whats a mag hawk???? is it a new tool?:RpS_wink:

There has been a lack of continuity in the thickness of steel in Marshall trowels. purchased 2 last month (one for myself one for the lad) same model number on both and yet steel was noticeably thicker on one of them, odd

If it wasn't that we've got a few Tyzacks yet to be used (all our popped ones wee replaced by Tyzack) and I'm still lucky enough to be using my Centenery double tang I'd try a Kraft from what I've read about them. Apparently the leather handled Elite models are US only (looks like the wooden ones are layered laminate not one piece, added grip maybe?)

Wonder how durable the leather is in damp conditions? Couldn't see it lasting long unless it was treated somehow. Be interesting to try one though.

I've got a kraft elite stainless, it's a nice well made trowel. It's a tad on the heavy side but other than that it's nice. I cut the width down on mine to 4 1/2 and shortened the rib to give the toe and heel more flex. It puts on nice and flat.

i gave the craft elite trowels a try in november last year 16in with the leather bound handle which was really comfy to use put on great for the first 3 days then the blade started to get rust spots all over it even though it was a stainless blade phoned dealer where i got it from and he mentioned it was not the first they had got complaints about with blades rusting up i just exchanged it for a marshall town

Thanx lads for the threads. jean u worried there about the rust. i think i wont try one now. thanx lol. how long ago did u try this. could they of changed the materials used. thanx

didnt know u could replace my handle just seemd abit thick on my hand. where do they change the handles or can i just buy one and fix it my self

didnt know u could replace my handle just seemd abit thick on my hand. where do they change the handles or can i just buy one and fix it my self
Just buy a wooden one from marshalltown is yours rubber

yea mine is rubber ill do than. because love my trowel. lol. thanx gibbo ill let ya know the outcome and if a job goes bad ill send the customer round to you :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.