any ideas to protect refina spat from damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

richard11

as said in title, just wondering if any ideas as the edges are fragile, any cases or any ideas, or shall I just keep the box, cheers Rich

I'v got 8' long shelves in my LWB transit so i keep the top shelf for my feather edge, speed skim and my EZE spat and poles and make sure thats all I put up there kept them safe so far.

i use these on my trowels/spats. get them from any stationery shop and there cheap as chips

binder_zps57e5db76.jpg

Same size as a sheet of A4 paper.
I use these and gaffa tape them together to the desired length.
Have to redo them every couple of weeks though.

someone posted about buying a snowboard bag for them a couple of weeks ago, wernt to bad either it was only a score i think for a nice 6ft padded bag

Cut some strips of hep to length and then split them down the length alternatively some garden hose using the same method.

I got these off my mate,he works for an I.t company. think they are used for protecting sharp metal edges in big computer cabinets if they've cut holes in them?
Ideal for the speadskim and trowels :RpS_thumbup:
CAM00368_zps4c398342.jpg

CAM00370_zpsb8ed1b18.jpg

the ones he got me were 1200 long and came rolled up in a bag, cut it with snips to suit.:RpS_thumbup:

I got these off my mate,he works for an I.t company. think they are used for protecting sharp metal edges in big computer cabinets if they've cut holes in them?
Ideal for the speadskim and trowels :RpS_thumbup:
CAM00368_zps4c398342.jpg

CAM00370_zpsb8ed1b18.jpg

the ones he got me were 1200 long and came rolled up in a bag, cut it with snips to suit.:RpS_thumbup:

Thems some clean trowel's Fats!! :RpS_thumbup:

nope! No work for bout a year now:RpS_crying:so just clean my tools day in day out:RpS_drool:

hope to go to Egypt soon tho, cryin out for spreads apparently :RpS_thumbsup:

This is how I cleaned mine last time, don't get me wrong a clean trowel feels lovely but just don't have the time to keep them spotless...

I was made up bought the tough bit off with ease, misses wasnt best please mind :RpS_laugh:
F24C5CAE-AD51-41F5-97E1-C3415803FDF7-635-0000005C88EA5C83_zps6e8ba308.jpg

Last edited:
This is how I cleaned mine last time, don't get me wrong a clean trowel feels lovely but just don't have the time to keep them spotless...

I was made up bought the tough bit off with ease, misses wasnt best please mind :RpS_laugh:
F24C5CAE-AD51-41F5-97E1-C3415803FDF7-635-0000005C88EA5C83_zps6e8ba308.jpg
What was the trowell,stew like, did it need any additives?

Lol bought a tool bag to replace my old tool box, wanted to clean everything in it 2 trowels etc etc, soaking it in a sink would have taken forever so I though I would see what boiling the old shitty trowel would do, turned out great dead easy to clean off was like it had been in soak for 2 days..

The pan was a bit worse for wear though strange black mark where the water was boiling :RpS_confused:

Lol bought a tool bag to replace my old tool box, wanted to clean everything in it 2 trowels etc etc, soaking it in a sink would have taken forever so I though I would see what boiling the old shitty trowel would do, turned out great dead easy to clean off was like it had been in soak for 2 days..

The pan was a bit worse for wear though strange black mark where the water was boiling :RpS_confused:
:RpS_laugh:
Ya feckin madman:RpS_laugh: wait till Minh finds out how youv been boiling those trowels:RpS_scared: they must have been some Nick that you had to boil them?........ trowel soup?:RpS_thumbsup:

very clean trowels guys , boiling them !!!!!! how did you clean yours Fat's ? :)
Just leave them in clean water overnight gooner:RpS_thumbup: 5 mins with a bit of wire wool in the morning, Try and leave the handles out of the water tho or water gets inside:RpS_cursing: the trick is don't let them get out of hand!... Or you'll be makin stew and your wife will kick your balls:RpS_scared:

Ya feckin madman:RpS_laugh: wait till Minh finds out how youv been boiling those trowels:RpS_scared: they must have been some Nick that you had to boil them?........ trowel soup?:RpS_thumbsup:

A good handful of sea salt does wonders :)

:RpS_laugh: There never caked in it like just that rock hard film on the back side of them does my nut in! Minh has arrive :RpS_thumbup:, will try the sea salt..

day rate today this thread has sparked a cleaning frenzy today, feel ashamed with my trowels not being spotless lol

Status
Not open for further replies.