Any experienced thin coat screeder available for advice.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

PFTwales

Hoping to touch base with someone. We are looking at a floor to renew in an industrial workshop. Spec is shotblast, prime, 5mm 4655 industrial flooring, primer sealer,sealer 2 coats. There are long cracks in the floor which i assume are old. i wanna know what spec is likely to be given. Fibre glass mesh glued to the floor before primed is what i would think unless it needs digging out first ?
Rep is on holliday so i'm just fishing here

I did a floor last week and i was advised to use a resin to fill a crack i also did a tight coat of a concrete repair over the top, but that stuff you are using looks better whats the price per bag?

the primer is about a £1 a mtr the screed about £6 a meter the sealer primer about £1.50 mt and the sealer about £ 4.00 m2.

had problems previously with mesh rearing its head on 25mm floor. u have to lay it face down and it wants to spring back up. i dont mean glue it tight so no screed can get into it. more of a tack. if u put a layer on first to bed it that leaves a high spot. @5 mm i will use a spat with the pins set at 5 then spread it.
anyway i arent bothered about all that its just the crack repair i was interested in and a 2 pack resin is the answer
cheers flinny for the seed

what has caused the cracking? is the floor screed, concrete, grano? is the floor painted? floor may need to be scrabbled.
we cut out the crack in a floor with an angle grinder, try to clean any dust out if you have an air blower, fill the crack with fischer resin using a resin gun.

what has caused the cracking? is the floor screed, concrete, grano? is the floor painted? floor may need to be scrabbled.
we cut out the crack in a floor with an angle grinder, try to clean any dust out if you have an air blower, fill the crack with fischer resin using a resin gun.

yep thats it. the floor will be vaccum shotblasted. dunno what caused it to crack. but looking at it i would say its finished cracking.

Status
Not open for further replies.