Another price check

Status
Not open for further replies.

church

Just priced a local job lounge/dinning room 6m x 3.6 x 2.6 high roughly 70m2 of which 20 is ceilings re skim 9 angle beads , bonding agent to be used room is empty rads are off . Best guesses please ? i didn't get it BTW just like to know your prices for this job.

Got to be two days work, £300 labour and wot £120 materials (including 2 tubs of bondit or 3 tubs of wba and pocket the difference), £420.

450 labour only. 600 supply and fix.

you ever get that feeling when you look at a price you just gave and go "f**k me that's a bit much"? ;D Fair price imo though. What was the actual price of the job in the end Church?

God it really winds me up when people come on here and within their first few posts they're asking how "much this" and "how much that" :mad:grrrr :mad:

Oh crap it's Church, sorry Church, about £500 but at the moment I know that there will be plenty of spreads willing to go lower so wouldn't be at all suprised at not getting it.

essexandy said:
God it really winds me up when people come on here and within their first few posts they're asking how "much this" and "how much that" :mad:grrrr :mad:

Oh crap it's Church, sorry Church, about £500 but at the moment I know that there will be plenty of spreads willing to go lower so wouldn't be at all suprised at not getting it.

lol loving the hastey edit mate :)

I priced a job up not to long ago 65m over skim 25m overboard and skim 3m ceiling with a bay.

Went in at 900 all in cash.

Lady said she had a quote 500 all in inc VAT!!

wtf who can do it for that.

Thanks for all the replies ,only got 2 days on next week so i could of done it within a week ,which i think for someone who was reconmended is pretty good, it was only priced for wages , just glad to hear i was in the ball park figure just thought this one was a deffo even wore the best aftershave ;D .

id have gone in at 400 - 450 and been scared of not getting it at that!
previous afternoon 3 tubs gypbond 30 quid, 5/6 bags boardy, beads 75 quid total..
3 easy sets day after...
im not cheap, im just a slaaaggg... ;D

Chris i cant get gypbond for £30 , i gave the customer the option between pva and bonding agent and they went for bonding agent and i was prepared to drive 20 mile to get it off the shelf .

Id have said 650ish, 450 labour, 1 day to bond it all out, 2 days to skim it. and roughly 200quid in materials/disposal of rubbish (which in itself costs a fortune these days)

like the lads said, 6-700 but if you've got nothing on. 4-500 is better than sitting on your arse watching jeremy kyle

to be honest church at the mo I would expect 350 ish (labour) is the kinda price SOME people would be going in at but I would av said 400 added the matts on top and then see what they come back with

not sure where you based church but regions prices differ slightly but I would never have gone in at 700 or even 650 when times were good only because I know for a fact where I live i simply would not have got the job. If you can get these prices tho go for it

I understand what what you are saying plasterjfe i guess im just suborn old b*****d that thinks we are worth our weight , could be wrong tho

church said:
I understand what what you are saying plasterjfe i guess im just suborn old (french person) that thinks we are worth our weight , could be wrong tho

I don't think you're wrong Church it's just that the people that pay the money don't think we're worth a toss.

maybe mate ;) its just things have gone all arse about face in our trade maybe the building industry in genreal , bloody bankers / parasites

Id of gone in at £500 in these times. You would still make some dosh for 2 steady days work without having to kill yourself.
Materials around £100, £20 diesel, £30 rubbish removal . = £350 for 2 days work.
Not as good as we were getting 18 month ago i know...but better than nothing and would have won you the job i reckons.

Status
Not open for further replies.