another one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is though that's how team mates used to bond in past times,the managers encouraged them to go out and get piss@d up together to build up the team spirit.nowadays they compete to have the best supercars.

Very easy to get addicted to alcohol, drugs ,gambling . People swap one addiction for the other on occasion, hope he gets help and helps himself.

The thing is though that's how team mates used to bond in past times,the managers encouraged them to go out and get piss@d up together to build up the team spirit.nowadays they compete to have the best supercars.

They still do go out and get pisssssed up just without the managers blessing. what is saving them from the gambling now is most top clubs keep them at the training ground for more than 3 or 4 hours a day now. That said there are still big gamblers among them

I've always said that the only way is down after playing for the toon.............................:RpS_thumbup:

They still do go out and get pisssssed up just without the managers blessing. what is saving them from the gambling now is most top clubs keep them at the training ground for more than 3 or 4 hours a day now. That said there are still big gamblers among them

owen?

Being an ex pissedhead lm no eddie stobart though! I dont find his demise any joy whatever the club!

I can understand someone who haas nothing doing it but he had plenty and it dont give me no joy either

Not just Owen, Terry, Shearer had his moments the list could fill a sheet of A4 at least i suspect. footballers are no different to any other profession i have no doubt we all now trades or peeps who work to feed gambling and drink habbits It's just that the numbers are higher with footballers and it somehow seems to make it even more fool hardy.

It also doesn't help that they have no real concept of the value of money. Read somewhere that a couple of players (cant remember who or what club) would play cards on the coach to away games and would have lost their weeks wages by the time they got to the game

It also doesn't help that they have no real concept of the value of money. Read somewhere that a couple of players (cant remember who or what club) would play cards on the coach to away games and would have lost their weeks wages by the time they got to the game

I have seen premiership footballers tossing a coin for £50's I have also seen them rolling on the floor absolutely rat ars#d. My second eldest lad used to play footy of a sunday morning years ago with the son of a premiership footballer so I got to know the Dad and used to get invited out for a drink with him and other team members. It's another world another world :RpS_lol:

Come on then. Who?

Not gonna name names but, I used to live in Sunderland up till 9yr ago. One ex Sunderland player (born in Sunderland) who then went to Blackburn was a right piss head my brothers niece is his sister in-law and a lad I know almost got done for perverting the course of justice one Sunday afternoon after the footballer had an accident in his Ferrari after a sunday dinner time session. He was and prob still is a right knob who used to like to drive around the rough areas of Sunderland to show off his Ferrari. One particular day he got said Ferrari stuck on a speed hump and got quite an audience of youths laughing and shouting abuse at him. Oh and according to the sunday papers Wayne Rooney knocked out a couple of his teeth in a cheshire night club years ago cos he was being cheeky to coleen.

Status
Not open for further replies.