Another new trowel from NELA - PREMIUM ELITE

fed up 2 fuuck with trowels turning up bent like this mate
fuucking disgusting how weak these new trowels are and don't get checked before sending them out to lads...

peolpes livelihoods and they send that warped shiite out

Wow lads, bit extreme on here recently - you do mention peoples livelihoods!

You know our company well, and know, if you dont receive something correctly, or there is a problem with it. We will sort it out.

Its a shame people still have to run things down online.

If its the 18" - we have already said we are sorting them out with a longer shank, as requested by forum members.

thats going back mate
loads of lads i know fed up getting these trowels
in this state

In fairness, we send out hundreds, sometimes thousands of trowels a day. There are going to be odd few that slip through.

We offer a warranty, and sort it out! You're not losing any money, not being ripped off, you will get looked after.

I apologise it has happened and will speak to NELA.

You know our company well, and know, if you dont receive something correctly, or there is a problem with it. We will sort it out.

If its the 18" - we have already said we are sorting them out with a longer shank, as requested by forum members.

it came from another shop my friend

Must be your turn!

this is 1 of your trowels
30 boards in a mix its bang on..

I always praised your tools

I get frustrated when they turn up warped
my trowel luck must be like my gambling lol

Attachments

• 20201113_133021.jpg
    20201113_133021.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 289
  • 20201113_133031.jpg
    20201113_133031.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 271
  • 20201113_133027.jpg
    20201113_133027.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 262
  • 20201113_133046.jpg
    20201113_133046.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 297
@Plasterers1StopShop

Ryan, on your website, every size of the 'Elite' trowel has the same stock pic (looks like it's probably 14"). This is a pet hate of mine. Please update the pics so that each size is correct. I'm not being pedantic or awkward. Potential customers need to know how the shank size is proportionally related to the blade size. It's bad enough that various 3rd party retailers use incorrect pics for their websites, but you're Nela's UK agent and, unless I'm mistaken, even Nela's own homepage doesn't list the Elite, so they're (absurdly) no help.

Ragni have long been considered underdogs in the plastering world, but they have provided clear pics of their recently-released trowel range. This is BASIC, FUNDAMENTAL, information for ANY trowel range!:

85248669_144861646979842_1664000098612281344_o.jpg

Customers of the 18" Nela Elite have found (unnecessarily to their surprise, as it wasn't accurately pictured), that the shank is a similar, or same, size as that on smaller trowels in the range. To your credit (and I respect this), you're making efforts to address this. Notiwthstanding your intervention to modify the size of the shank on the 18", have 14", 16", and 18" all been released to market with the same size shank length?

Thankyou.

Last edited:
@Plasterers1StopShop

Ryan, on your website, every size of the 'Elite' trowel has the same stock pic (looks like it's probably 14"). This is a pet hate of mine. Please update the pics so that each size is correct. I'm not being pedantic or awkward. Potential customers need to know how the shank size is proportionally related to the blade size. It's bad enough that various 3rd party retailers use incorrect pics for their websites, but you're Nela's UK agent and, unless I'm mistaken, even Nela's own homepage doesn't list the Elite, so they're (absurdly) no help.

Ragni have long been considered underdogs in the plastering world, but they have provided clear pics of their recently-released trowel range:

View attachment 56261

Customers of the 18" have found (unnecessarily to their surprise, as it wasn't accurately pictured), that the shank is the same size as that on the 14". To your credit (and I respect this), you're making efforts to address this. Notiwthstanding your intervention to modify the size of the shank on the 18", have 14", 16", and 18" all been releasedto market with the same size shank length?

Thankyou

@Plasterers1StopShop

Ragni have long been considered underdogs in the plastering world, but they have provided clear pics of their recently-released trowel range:

View attachment 56261

Customers of the 18" have found (unnecessarily to their surprise, as it wasn't accurately pictured), that the shank is the same size as that on the 14". To your credit (and I respect this), you're making efforts to address this. Notiwthstanding your intervention to modify the size of the shank on the 18", have 14", 16", and 18" all been releasedto market with the same size shank length?

Thankyou.
Well worded articulate feedback, fair play

@Plasterers1StopShop

Ragni have long been considered underdogs in the plastering world, but they have provided clear pics of their recently-released trowel range. This is BASIC, FUNDAMENTAL, information for ANY trowel range!:

View attachment 56261

Customers of the 18" Nela Elite have found (unnecessarily to their surprise, as it wasn't accurately pictured), that the shank is a similar, or same, size as that on smaller trowels in the range. To your credit (and I respect this), you're making efforts to address this. Notiwthstanding your intervention to modify the size of the shank on the 18", have 14", 16", and 18" all been released to market with the same size shank length?

Thankyou.
Well said

@Plasterers1StopShop

View attachment 56261

Thankyou.

f**k me do you not booze at weekend?

@Plasterers1StopShop

View attachment 56261

Thankyou.
Thanks for the observation - we are in the process of launching a new website so this will be updated.

You’ll notice the 18” is no longer in stock until this issue is resolved.

I also haven’t updated NELAS website simply as I do not currently have the time but will be soon. It is incredibly busy at the moment, but the NELA site itself isn’t used for sales etc.

Do you work for Tools of the Trade as I have an extremely strong feeling you do!

Thanks for the observation - we are in the process of launching a new website so this will be updated.

You’ll notice the 18” is no longer in stock until this issue is resolved.

I also haven’t updated NELAS website simply as I do not currently have the time but will be soon. It is incredibly busy at the moment, but the NELA site itself isn’t used for sales etc.

Do you work for Tools of the Trade as I have an extremely strong feeling you do!

Cheers for taking my remarks on board. As I posted elsewhere on the forum, yesterday, I'm actually looking for a new 16" laying-on trowel at the moment, so my remarks about your website images were personally relevant, not trying to have a dig at you. I'm confident it will help your customers choose, and (importantly for you and them) manage their expectations better, once size-correct images are uploaded to your sales pages.
I've now concluded that sticking with the Permashape range will suit my personal needs best, at this point in time, as I've been generally happy with my 13", and just want a size upgrade (what man doesn't?).

No, I am not in manufacturing, supply, distribution, retail, or whatever.

Cheers

I have been using the trowel now for the last few days...as usual with nela trowels its well made and comfortable in the hand .its nice and rigid when putting on, the only negative is probably down to personal preference, the blade is too flat for me, a new perma shape has a slight bend in it and still needs a bit of wearing ..i found i was getting the gear on quick and flat but was hitting it straight after with an older trowel as i didn't feel safe leaving it with so many lines in it...