angle bead patches!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogmod

I've recently skimmed a room. using angle bead around any edges. this was sufficiently covered when skimmed. however, since painting i can still see the outline of the bead. its dried lighter than the rest of the paint. why? and how can i avoid this in future?

They sometimes do that, not sure why, but all you can do now is paint a bit of white undercoat on the beads both sides then re emulsion & the stain will go.
Where did you get your beads from?

iv had this before 2! mostly when iv sya done the whole room and its quite damp feeling with windows shut ect not sure if that has anything to do with it but yes they do stain sometimes.

not the same colour or manufacturer. but it was Matt emulsion? i used crown Matt emulsion as an under coat in the room with the patches. and homebase Matt emulsion on top. not sure what i used in the other room but it wasn't the same combination.

they're has been alot of moisture in this room. I've taken chimney breasts out and had to concrete a large section of the floor in this room and the adjoining room. plus I've skimmed both ceilings and all the walls. so when you look at it like that with all the mixes and concrete i must of added over a 100 litres of water to the 2 rooms. could be the reason they're staining?

you may find its the cheap metals used by the bead producers, i have had probs in the past with the bead staining so i switched to catnic beads and now i have no probs

You've polished the skim up to much over your beads and the paint cant be absorbed into it. Use some undercoat and then emulsion again.

Status
Not open for further replies.