amount of weight u need to lift as a plasterer?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianbad

I was in need of what minimum amount we needed to lift to do our jobs as plasterers . I've been a tradesman for 28 years.
I have had to lift a minimum of 60lbs on any given job.
But probly pushed a good 200lbs plus on a rod, or a trowel.
What do you all say?

Welcome along Brian :RpS_thumbsup: what an odd question , May need to think about this one. And convert lbs to kgs :RpS_thumbup:

One bag of plaster and 25ltrs of water is about as much as i cart round at anyone time, my gennys a bit of a beast but she has wheels, oh and welcome by the way.

hi brain, have you seen the size of some of the guys lunch boxes, they must weigh a ton

U dont need to lift much now when I started u would need a weelborrow to carry bag of boardfinish and u could skim a room with it

this is not fair, hes gonna come straight in and win one of the prizes,, not saying what category , but im sure you can work it out

t
Technically speaking health and safety says 25 kg.The problem is if you constantly lift heavy weight especially when you are still in your teens and growing you may well do damage to your spine.As an old plasterer I know this only to well, in the fifties we had much larger bags and the apprentice always drew the short straw. I have the damaged and unrepairable spine to prove it.The answer is lift as small a quantity as possible try to keep the weight below the 25kg recommended. Lift from a crouching position not through the back

Have to lift some heavy wee old grannies into the van, to get them up to the bank.:rolleyes)

Then they want dropped off at the bingo(afternoon sesh)....."oh im a bit heavy son"....
Aye but yer nimble on yer feet when youve got a full house...collect yer winnings.:RpS_lol:

Had to lift this heffer off the sofa in order to skim the room!!
attachment.php

Some plasterboards are proper heavy these days 15mm soundbloc must be at least 45kg i would of thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.