Am I being spun a yarn

Hi I have a plasterer that has plastered my house, I thought the plastering was OK but the decorator says not,

But thr plasterer says they never plaster around small bits around doors gaps of 3and a half inches 4 inches and 7 inches

Is this standard practice I've had it slimmed not reokasterd comlelty

Many thanks in advance Paul

Attachments

• 15870626852294417453989741366357.jpg
    15870626852294417453989741366357.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 529
Hi I have a plasterer that has plastered my house, I thought the plastering was OK but the decorator says not,

But thr plasterer says they never plaster around small bits around doors gaps of 3and a half inches 4 inches and 7 inches

He would of had to take the archs off to slim those bits. Probably did you a favour :inocente:

Personally the only time I leave the bit down the door is if it’s super skinny/goes from 2cm to zero or something, and it’ll be paint fine.

I’d have skimmed these but if it paints ok I wouldn’t worry too much

If the backgrounds half decent and would paint up I would have done the same and blended up to it.

If its f**k*d or artex then obviously skim.

Speedskim blades were invented for cutting down to just the right size
But sometimes bit of filler is good enough , just depends on the kettle

Ffs :LOL:
Plaster shortage starting to kick in.
Not for me mate , you inspired me to try bandq again I waited and managed to get some of the make good skim so went to cue up but when it was my turn they said it was all gone , ffs only wanted it to cover Artex ceiling at my house it’s driving me mad , twirls pattern

If the backgrounds half decent and would paint up I would have done the same and blended up to it.

If its f**k*d or artex then obviously skim.

more chance or making it worse is backgrounds ok. I’m with the spread on this one.

f**k**g w**k*r decorator causing issues. Lets see his cutting
In

i've done a lot of work in care homes over the last few years and the residents are the best. Spirited and just get on with it. Great sense of humour and banter as you get to know them. Put a lot of youngsters to shame.

young man young man.

God only knows how the teens of today will turn out to be, when they're pensioners. At the moment, teenage millenials just seem like professionally-offended, self-indulgent social media narcicists, without a clue about manual skills or what really matters in life, just as long as they can acquire the latest materialistic gadget.

See... now I'm sounding like an old gripper! "At my age..!"

Back to answering the OP's question:
it's not an unforgiveable way for the plasterer to have done it, but it was a 'bit' of a liberty, in my opinion, as he/she was taking the easy way out, instead of making an effort to plaster everything that they were paid to plaster. It should paint OK, but, if it was my house, I'd prefer it to be completely plastered.

God only knows how the teens of today will turn out to be, when they're pensioners. At the moment, teenage millenials just seem like professionally-offended, self-indulgent social media narcicists, without a clue about manual skills or what really matters in life, just as long as they can acquire the latest materialistic gadget.

See... now I'm sounding like an old gripper! "At my age..!"

Back to answering the OP's question:
it's not an unforgiveable way for the plasterer to have done it, but it was a 'bit' of a liberty, in my opinion, as he/she was taking the easy way out, instead of making an effort to plaster everything that they were paid to plaster. It should paint OK, but, if it was my house, I'd prefer it to be completely plastered.

I prefer to be completely plastered too, but you have to take what you can get at times.

Patience, or acceptance may be the only outcome when you're waiting for God. Most I encountered are still rebels, have fight and a glint in their eye, even if the most they can do is 'go around the block' on their walking frame . One lady, used to stand and watch out the window at the same time every day. Her son was in his late 60's and wasn't in the best of health. She may outlive him.

You can definitely fit a small trowel in those gaps, the guy was just being lazy to be honest. A small bit of filler, sand it when dry and paint away.

Don't see too much of a problem, I'd of probably done the same down the right hand side, and skimmed along the top but it looks flat enough anyway and skimming probably make that worse. That said he should of explained that to you or given you the option to remove the architrave

Thank you there are other faults the surface shouod be flat and snotth to touch right there shouldn't be rough bits on any of it and one wall upstairs has visible cracking like a Web of cracks like it hasn't been Pvad or it's too thin and had dried out

I experienced exactly thr same thing when u made something out of clay too thin on a mask and it cracked on exactly the same way

Many thanks for your comments

Thank you there are other faults the surface shouod be flat and snotth to touch right there shouldn't be rough bits on any of it and one wall upstairs has visible cracking like a Web of cracks like it hasn't been Pvad or it's too thin and had dried out

I experienced exactly thr same thing when u made something out of clay too thin on a mask and it cracked on exactly the same way

Many thanks for your comments
Just tell the decorator to do his job and sort it out