alreet chaps

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

frenchy17

new member.been watching for a while.impressed with this site.been self employed since 2004 but interested in going into something that we havnt tried yet,probably through colour render as it seems to be the flavour of the month where we live.we would like to enroll on a course and been looking at goldtrowel but thats in essex.does anyone recommend a good quality course nearer to the north east or is it worth the travel.been toying with the idea of going to work in australia.went there for a few weeks but seems to be dry lining and colour rendering so need to boost my capabilities.thanks.

hows it going frenchy, sounds like you're thinking out of the box here and looking for something different, take a look at our coloured clay plasters as an alternative. :RpS_thumbsup:

Alright bud, don't know bout coloured render being flavour of the month but I've heard this wallcrete thing is flavour of the week? Looks the dogs nuts, might be a training place near you. Don't know anyone who could advise you on this tho??????? Hang around and someone might be along soon:RpS_lol::RpS_thumbup:

thanks for half time replies chaps.lol.im open to advice so keep it coming.havnt even heard of clay plaster up here yet but will look into it mate.

ive noticed a few of the pre fab council estates are being renovated around here.insulated and rendered first floor and brick effect ground floor and the contractors reckon its doddle and you can earn a bomb.even if its raining they just bolt the boards on ready to render.

alreet frenchy.....welcome marra. Av noticed loads of revit work going on round wor way with the EWI skeetch. was looking at doing a course at weber or SAS cos there is no training in the north east but these courses are only one day things .your best bet is to get in with a gang who do it all if you can and learn on the job. it seems to be all big compaines getting these contract and the ones i know who are getting them are winning contracts because of back handers not quality of work......I get all my coloured render from durhaw render which is down your way......maybe give them a ring and see if and gangs are after a hand.........:RpS_thumbup:

monster weve told you once about using that office talk take this has your last warning from us :RpS_angry: if you carry on ill be contacting bod or flynny to give you a infraction:rolleyes) (they like give them out willy nilly)

monster weve told you once about using that office talk take this has your last warning from us :RpS_angry: if you carry on ill be contacting bod or flynny to give you a infraction:rolleyes) (they like give them out willy nilly)

I think the best thing for you mr nps is to concentrate on your gardening let us directors talk office, oh and keep off the grass!
1046.jpg

thanks for that piece of advice artisan.hadnt thought about durham render although i know thats where the lads get theres from.will contact them.had a look at wallcrete and thats also of interest so will look into that in more depth.dont know of any big companies that are still trading that do the colour render around here so may be easier to find customers who are wanting it.was just hoping there may be a unanimous vote on which route to go down from the lads on this site cos theres loads of things to try but not sure if theres any worth in most of them cos of the demand in our area.does anybody know of any reputable rendering companies in the north east who i could ask or anywhere to train.i know cook and rippon have done jobs around here and they look really good.if anyone has got a job on and doesnt mind me picking up some tips i will work for a week for free.my mate has a single story extension that i am going to render for free as a practise but wont do it til im confident enough.thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.