Alcohol and drugs in UK construction industry placed under spotlight by Considerate Constructors Sch

Survey reveals 59% have concerns over effects of drugs and alcohol on the industry

http://www.plasterersnews.com/alcoh...ed-spotlight-considerate-constructors-scheme/

Drugs-and-alcohol-1024x399.jpg

Who were asked in this survey?? I know some of the young uns like smoking gear at work. Not my cup of tea like. As for beer etc i like to have a couple after work. I dont bother in the pub just grab a couple out of the fridge at home :birra:

I must admit id be lost without getting jamdooked........turning hard working folks into robots .....b*ll***s to all that.
Long live the hangover !!

Not being funny but that figure of 59% of people concerned means nothing. People are concerned about terrorism but you're more likely to be killed by a cow. Without doing blood tests on everyone you'll never know how wide spread the problem is. How can you tell if a poor jobs been done by someone off their tits or hungover or if it's just a rough c**t.

Not being funny but that figure of 59% of people concerned means nothing. People are concerned about terrorism but you're more likely to be killed by a cow. Without doing blood tests on everyone you'll never know how wide spread the problem is. How can you tell if a poor jobs been done by someone off their tits or hungover or if it's just a rough c**t.
Check the contents of their flask ;)

Reactions: Pug
I know this old boy painter who has bacardi in his flask. Silly git told me and when he when to his van for his break it was mysteriously empty !!?? Its as if somebody else knew what was in there ?? Hic :rolleyes:

Worked with a few brickies back in the day who used to keep a can of special brew on the go under their spotboard.

I used to stick to speed!

On a brick gang I know the labo has I've cold ciders for after work straight away he grafted harder than a donkey thousands of bricks and tons of mix Poured out every day so no one blamed him for wanting to kill the pain

I used to run the hod for a 3 and 1 gang. This was before premix and forklifts loading everything out. These young'uns don't know they're born... mumble mumble grumble etc.....

I work with a lad who is stoned every morning, and some of the other guys think nothing of drinking 10pints in an evening then driving to work the next day.

Its not just the construction industry, alcoholics and drug addicts hide in plain site in every industry....ive always held down a good job and seem totally normal, had my first alcohol related seizure at 19 years old and have had quite a few over the years...so many more people with issues than would admit it

Worked with another plasterer on refurb job, he was out of his tree smoking joints or similar and I had to redo some of his skimming due to some tilers having a whinge...he was rough though but he thought he was the dogs b*ll***s.

I work with a lad who is stoned every morning, and some of the other guys think nothing of drinking 10pints in an evening then driving to work the next day.
That's quite normal,but I'm sometimes extra careful driving home from the pub after said 10 points,don't forget a quarter of accidents are caused by drink driving,so three quarters are caused by sober drivers,so statically your safer driving pissed