airless spray units

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoRemoved

im looking for airless spray unit 214 or 217 tip even a 3.11 and any extras
wanger/titan/graco/airlessco/Q-teck
i know pft have made a Samba whay to much money
but i think thay can spray ready mixed plaster like what i dont know?
to hire one in mega money.
im lookig to buy one for the summer months paintig outdoors.
iv got some a 3 bed house to paint soon really dont fancey rollering it all

rollering would quicker cleaner and neater ....the airless sprayers are good but there's a hell of a lot of masking up and who pays for that plus if your doing white ceilings and coloured walls pluss all the skirtings

the house im doing is for my mum she is white washing the whole house white lids walls and wood work (gloss)
soo theres now cutting in as such the gloss can be done after or befor out side work yer theres some masking work but you take it as part of the job
whe she moves house ill be painting there too in side and out

Buy a new one off stu and a genny second hand ones are prone to clogging there in short supply you'll get you're money back if you sell it again mate :)

lol i will not be selling it after you can defo make money on it just useing it not selling it
the pft oe says you can spray ready mixed plaster can say if ever used ready mixed gear
what gear wil it spray
doubt it will spray mixed muilti wil it ?

all i can find is
ico_zoom.gif
View Large Image

Alternate Views

[h=1]Ready Mixed Patching Plaster[/h]

What they don't show you is how long it takes to mask the job up!
So you gonna be a painter now then Dom?

Funny you say that, i used a flicker to put krend on ceiling,it was a outside verander, looked mint,it was a pain masking everthing up 1st though, and killed my arms holding a flicker gun at that angle.

thats what I like about Dom He is always at the cutting edge trail blazing always willing to give it a go.

im not a painter mate just cant stand rollering
if it saves me time and stress ill hire one or by oe as i know ill make my money back
its win win for me as ill get a new toy too play with and make money on it too sweat

If youre spraying paint outside yr transfer rate of paint to work is gonna be really low... id say 70% at most, with the rest blowing down the road. I tried spraying emulsion inside a room once, well actually it was the new spray shop in our workshop, with a Kremlin air assisted airless system which is about as good as you can get and ended up going My point is you're gonna use more paint if you spray. Not to mention lose a load more if youre spraying outside. Then youve got masking up time, gun set up time, which can change from one batch of paint to the next to eliminate your tail lines (unless you want tartan paint when you cross-coat).
On the upside once youve masked up you can go like a bat out of hell, Id recomment any of the siphon systems, just make sure you're hoses are long enough to reach your furthest point.
Im assuming you're spraying onto a flat surface? If its something like tyrolean watch yr shadowing, if its dashed, dont spray and get someone in!
However the equiptment is dear, A setup for what you want to do is gonna cost you about 2k for the gun, pump and short hoses, then you need longer hoses to get up the top of the house unless u wanna put tower up n cart the stuff up!
I should point out that inside the house youre gonna wish you rollered it.. doesnt matter which gun you use, its gonna go everywhere, At least 10%-45% of your material is gonna end up floating in the air as overspray, coating anything you havent masked up, In bigger rooms this can be a problem as where you started will be dry by the time you get to the other end (faster that you might think as we are aerating it drastically by atomising it for spray) and if overspray gets on it you can end up with a nice suede feel to your finish.
Not trying to put you off but unless you get decent gear a shed load of masking up stuff and about 30% more paint than youd need than by roller.... i'd sack it and roller it on!

Top reply mate just a shame it's wasted on that ******* idiot
Just trying to help.... Personally if spraying was the way to go we'd see a lot more of it on site. For me spraying is for solvent based stuff, Polyeurethane and acid cats etc. None of which you can spray without extraction equiptment or on site because of COSHH.

Spraying is ideal for stuff like drywall sealer or emulsion mist coats on walls and for finishing ceilings. If you finish walls internally with it, and someone digs it, you'll never touch it up without seeing the difference in texture. With modern top spec spray guns, it is alnost possible to cut in with them if you have the skill. Masking doesn't take too long if you use tape guns. The area you can cover in a short time is quite impressive. We taped and sanded 6 x 2bed flats and a long corridor, total area of 1100-1200 m2, and the painter came in with an airless and mist coated the walls and finished the ceilings in less than 6 hrs inc clean up time. That's about 1500m2. Add that up at a minimum of a quid a metre. Oh, and he masked **** all. He used a paint guard against the windows and as the 2nd fix hadn't been done, didn't have to worry about light switches or joinery.

yeah i seen it done on some flats in victoria they went through a whole floor in the morning two of them

If you want to spend about £4k, you'll get one that will spray drywall cement to level 5 etc, but I can't see the point personally. If you are going to cover the whole board, use proper skim. Level 5 drywall is a long drawn out process, with in my opinion, a crap end result (compared to skim).

Status
Not open for further replies.