air pockets in mono

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seem to be geting air pockets in mono at moment any advice , machine sprayed serrated off then spat , I bar back perfectly , the light rub with 6mm scratcher
which open up air pockets , any advice thanks

Less likely with spray applied. Is it 2passes you do or 1 you do ?

Do you rule it wet or is it going stiff ?

Try checking your gun set up, cleaned out and the cap has not worn

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Thanks for replying , its a sp11 machine , normally fill out round beads and go one pass rule straight away , tied to keep away from 2 pass worried about halos and first pass skining up , been fine before thanks guys

I can't think why it would happen spraying. Its only happened to us when hand applied and the trapped air between applications .

I can only think that you may be laying flat over the spray bands to gently or the gear has gone too stiff on the wall and you could be lapping over the top of the bands instead of cutting them up.

I use a serrated edge rule and really cut into the ribnons/bands as I rule and level. We never have air pockets like this

We had it where it was like an aero chocolate bar when rubbing, nightmare going round filling holes.
Not sure with the sp11, my prob was with an electric pump. We tried all solutions and it did turn out to be pump.
Maybe some of the diesel experts might be able to help

We apply in one pass. If you had no problem previous and it has just started then I would defo have a look at your machine set up

I have only had this trouble with Weber but also done in one pass then with the Monojet and 6-3 r&s. But yesterday i was spraying Granicem L which is usually ok but this time raw. Got air pockets.

I think it was down to the air gun which was found to have a semi blocked air hole.

there a new site near me , mono , newbuilds , drove past today in sideways sunshine looks really good , well done top job near clacton on sea essex , cant remember builders name:RpS_unsure: but if its anyone on here pat on the back

there a new site near me , mono , newbuilds , drove past today in sideways sunshine looks really good , well done top job near clacton on sea essex , cant remember builders name:RpS_unsure: but if its anyone on here pat on the back

Was it bloor homes? We did a bit over there awhile back but not the ones I think you saw(multi coloured houses?) real nice job. They stuck our house right at the back thank god!

yep bloor was the builder , these renders were about 3 months old (show houses on site ) looked tip top

Weve had this happen with Weber when spraying wet,next elevation we dropped the water down and no probs. Went through more rotors/stators using weber.

Ive only had air pockets when plonking on enewall on the odd occasion by hand, on the whole enewall gear rules up lovely though.

Ive only had air pockets when plonking on enewall on the odd occasion by hand, on the whole enewall gear rules up lovely though.

Likewise only ever had air pockets when hand applying material usually krend
I'm not sure how it can be the fault of the machine as its mixed with air as comes out anyway. Material is just a flow of blobs landing on top of one another..... Its not the firs time this had come up on here tho

Status
Not open for further replies.