air line cracks

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

a.d.plastering

hairline cracks

i have noticed on different jobs every now & again mainly on reskimms air line cracks when drying out due to suction off ditterent backgrounds usually cover when painted has any body got a solution to prevent cracks in the first place thanks :rolleyes)

Last edited:
It sounds like the cracks are already in the ceiling but you just carnt see them at the time of skiming. If am skimming over plasterboard ceiling which is artex I would screw the ceiling just to take out any play whats in it . I also use the wider tape I think it's 100mm for taping cracks. Also tend not to trowel to hard on reskims always plenty of pva but bond it is better been latex based more movement over uneven surfaces and seals cracks better then pva.

Try Artex stabiliser mate.

Wickes do it in 2.5 litre tubs, when knocked up with water makes a full 5 litre PVA tub which will do an average sized living room.
Paint it on the walls same way you would PVA, this kills the suction and stabilises the walls, takes about an hour to go off, then apply PVA for your key and skim when tacky.

Never had any come backs, even on the shittest of walls

AB

Do you need to really water it down to get it through the nozzle? If it's old skim use gypbond mate

I always roller pva on , if it on heavy artex then use lambs wool roller works really well. If you want a pressure pump thats good get a tango pump from sovereign chemicals with it you also get the lance to inject damp cream with the tango pump if your doing a bit of dpc work.

generous coat of pva n 100mm scrimm mate, have a good look for really thin cracks and tape them aswel as they will work there way through n you will only see them when its been painted!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.