Air holes in skim ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

oasis

keep findin very very fine like pin prick air holes in my finish of skim in some patches? anyreason for this?

whats the background mate its not day old bonding is it ?

bit harsh that rich but probs true only kiddin it could be a dry background and dry a bit quick should trowel out

was on old stone wall.. n/m dint expect a good answer could of been anything!

thanks for that rich, you can tell that you are a know it all just from ur posts, wonder wot ur like in person?
a fat t**t im guessin

oasis said:

thanks for that rich, you can tell that you are a know it all just from ur posts, wonder wot ur like in person?
a fat t**t im guessin
You know he is you seen his website, fattest plasterer i've ever seen , then maybe me then monkey , he's a big foooker ;D

oasis said:

a fat t**t im guessin
just get some good eyes mate.. your missin em when your trowelling up, they wont appear out of nowhere when its dry.. or if they do...
its woodworm..

Most prob becuse ur troweling to much to early or using to much water,u dont have to drown the plaster in water to make it smooth.

warriorupnorth said:
oasis said:

a fat t**t im guessin
You know he is you seen his website, fattest plasterer i've ever seen , then maybe me then monkey , he's a big foooker ;D

Dunno about that order mate, I'm a bit of a porker meself ;)

i dont falten off untill atleast 5mins after layon on so i use a v small bit of water to faltten other wise it drags.. i fort u were ment to let it go a lil..mind youlast few jobs iv flattend off stright after layin on and dint see much diffrence.

The thing is Oasis that different backgrounds behave different and how to deal with it is experience, when things like that occour dont play about with it leave it till its nearly off then bring it back with a bit of water usualy O.K.
Lucius

thanks again but what it is on all backrounds SOMETIMES when dry i find i see a few areas with the pin hole dots very fine but dnt no why and im starting to think it may be that when i spread im not flattening the air bubbles out my skim enuf..?

lol! and yea i do I just wanna be the best i can... im all on me own out there... lets hope me new lab is a good un 2 moro

On a different note, I was skimming my mothers bathroom and kitchen and had my brother mix for me, after showing him a few mixes and explaining it all in detail, I noticed that what he was bringing me had loads of air bubbles in it (like vanilla specs in ice cream) turns out he was using the boggin water and not cleaning out the buckets after each use. May be something to do with it then again maybe not.

Status
Not open for further replies.