Air bubbles

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greig

Hello everyone.

I'm patching a couple of bits on a wall just now, with Lafarge ready mix as it's just small cracks but keep getting heaps of air bubbles coming through. Looks like the wall was originally taped and hasn't been painted for a while. From looking at the wall you can tell it's going to have heaps of bubbles everywhere.

I was wondering if this would sort it out;

scrape everything off including the paint
give it a good clean and time to breathe
pva and 2 coats Multi finish

would that be ok? Also would it help putting in a small air vent? It'll be hidden by a couch anyway

any help would be greatly appeeciated

thanks very much

Greig

Sorry. The lighting is crap so the pics aren't good. Not a time served plasterer but I do a lot of skimming.

thanks for the reply

is it air bubbles or is it cardboard come away from chalk in plasterboards ?
if its the 2nd one you need to cut cardboard off and neat pva the chalk ,if you don't you will have appearance of bubbles again :RpS_thumbup:

Thanks for reply casplas, pretty sure it's air bubbles, some of them are pretty big blisters and others are smaller ones.

Thanks for reply casplas, pretty sure it's air bubbles, some of them are pretty big blisters and others are smaller ones.
scrape off pva n skim will work ,scrape off patch back ? probably quicker pva skim job lot. good luck:RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.