Air bricks

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

User________removed

Private Member
Does anyone know if its possible to get a terracotta air brick thats about 15mm thick ? Just picked up a bungalow to render and the airbrick in the front is still in use, i don't want to bead round it as not keen on how it looks, so options are to stitch out existing and bring forward so it ends up flush with new render or put something over the top ??

Never seen them that size,mate?
Can you not just leave the vent and render up to it? Then put a new vent over the opening ? Like a plastic one , face fixed.

Haven't seen them that size either was just a thought, think ill just stitch it out and bring forward. The bungalow is in a decent area, i did some chimney stacks last year in the same road which is why ive picked this one up, so just need to do what will look best regardless of price, as theres loads needing TLC down there.

in that case. go over it. air bricks look ****. btw my dissolver turned up today but i missed it. will be using it sunday

not sure mate. possibly. suppose it depends how bad its caked in it. the inside of the drum is looking pretty good now. mainly the outside. ill let you know sunday.

Don't be Anal about the outside of drums Steve just keep the inside clean that's the bit that mixes the rest don't matter.

Am I missing something here? I rendered round loads of air bricks over the years. Just put on up to the edge of the air brick, rule off and rub up as usual. Once this is done you just angle the edges from the face of the render back to the air brick using a pointing trowel/small tool the same way as you'd work the top of a plinth, using a straight edge as a guide.

New ones are metric and smaller.

I used to have some terracotta paint and painted the old air grates so they looked new. Thats was before I got depressed. :RpS_scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.