Advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickelarse

Private Member
A job I'm looking at has just decided to spec some clay plaster in some hallways. It's white colour with mica. The sample was only about 2 inchs square so a little hard to get a feel for how it will look.

is this something that could be done by a reasonably competent plasterer or will it need someone with more experience of the material to apply it?

Cheers

Last edited:
I did some clay plaster a few months ago. If you are familiar with venetian plaster you shouldn't have any problem with clay plaster. Just read up on the manufacturers info, and check material pricing before giving them a bid.

Attachments

• DSCF5809.jpg
    DSCF5809.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 299
That's clay? It looks like venetian

The difference between Clay Plaster and Venetian Plaster was Venetian has lime in it where as Clay Plaster has the same ingredients except clay is switched for lime. I was surprised that with Venetian you might apply multiple thin layers and you get much the same thing with one slightly thicker layer with the Clay.

The difference between Clay Plaster and Venetian Plaster was Venetian has lime in it where as Clay Plaster has the same ingredients except clay is switched for lime. I was surprised that with Venetian you might apply multiple thin layers and you get much the same thing with one slightly thicker layer with the Clay.
Sorry it was two coats…

Status
Not open for further replies.