Advice.

T

Thank you, Algeeman.

Beader, fascinating story. Great plot, very descriptive. Most thought provoking. Oozes fear, insecurity and passive impotence. Thank you for sharing it.
37-TAKE-A-BOW.jpg

What on earth are you talking about? The paranoia here is unreal.

I came looking for advice. Silly comments, accusations, bashing and insults I don’t tolerate.

You’ll note those who replied helpfully and politely I respond well to. Those who troll and snide I do not, and nobody should be expected to.

Now you, the moderator, make up completely bizarre accusations.

You are wrong, son, and making a complete fool of yourself.

You hear that, Gentlemen? He'll not tolerate it.

@lurpak if you don't moderate this man soon, then I surely will and he won't like it, not one little bit.

Hi. Thirty years a master bricky and mason. Occasionally do some plastering but am not quick, know my limitations and take on nothing I can’t handle. Just put an extension on my home and am renovating the entire house. Plastered some of it myself but for larger ceilings and float and set I paid a spread to do it.

First two days his work was good. Third day he seemed to get slapdash. I’m not happy. Lumpy work, cracking beads and multi blowing off hardwall in places. He is now out the country. He has apologised and said he’ll fix all that is wrong when back but I want to get it done myself and pronto. I’ve got plumbers lined up for next week.

Pictures below. Can I rescue this, if so what is the best way. Or is it a hack off and completely redo job?

View attachment 25898View attachment 25899View attachment 25900View attachment 25901View attachment 25902
s**t work that’s all I can say where is this at?

s**t work that’s all I can say where is this at?

Kent.

Gets worse. Put some lights on it earlier. Look at the state of this. 83604B70-E4AC-4030-A2BD-CFCB53271138.jpeg 70BD7DF0-B19D-452E-B9B2-CF147B5527B3.jpeg

This bloke is normally good. Christ knows what got into him that last day.

Lurpak. Been showing your replies to the wife and kids. When the laughing stopped the Mrs suggested you seek psychiatric help. Thanks, though, it’s been a really s**t couple of days, the laugh perked them up. This house was supposed to be our new start after her cancer. I come here looking for advice and you seem to take nothing but glee from the situation and then concoct bizarre stories. You’re a real class act, boy. Rather than a shrink I think you just need to grow the f**k up. Ridiculous little maggot.

Kent.

Gets worse. Put some lights on it earlier. Look at the state of this. View attachment 25957View attachment 25958

Lurpak. Been showing your replies to the wife and kids. When the laughing stopped the Mrs suggested you seek psychiatric help. Thanks, though, it’s been a really s**t couple of days, the laugh perked them up. This house was supposed to be our new start after her cancer. I come here looking for advice and you seem to take nothing but glee from the situation and then concoct bizarre stories. You’re a real class act, boy. Rather than a shrink I think you just need to grow the f**k up. Ridiculous little maggot.
Easy solved that mate . Take bulbs out

Kent.

Gets worse. Put some lights on it earlier. Look at the state of this. View attachment 25957View attachment 25958

I’d get the bugger back and fix it.

Kent.

He's the biggest t**t on the site mate. Any newcomer on the site he acts all high and mighty and posts things to suggest that everyone is wrong bar him. He takes pride in slagging other people off because of his self-confidence. People like him are so easy to spot. I wouldn't worry about it. Get the new guy in and get it re-done

Kent.

So much information, don’t know what to say. I’ll avoid humour and just be straight with you:

You’ve had a rough spread in. Get a proper one in to put it right. Not sure what you’re looking to achieve by posing pictures up close with a light shining down it

anything looks shite with the light on it in that position........put the light on those walls head on and it'll look the bogs dollocks :lol:

Kent.

Mabye a silly question, but was there adequate lighting when he was doing the work?

anything looks shite with the light on it in that position........put the light on those walls head on and it'll look the bogs dollocks :lol:

Light will be shone on the wall at that angle, both natural sunlight and down lights. It’s a chimney breast, will also have fire light on it.

Surprised at those saying the work is ok. It’s just about the worst I’ve seen. A good spread leaves it flawless.

To answer other questions, yes adequate lighting was provided, whether it was used it questionable. Can’t afford another spread. Have to fix myself, which I why I came here to ask the best way to turn . I can skim to a good standard but have little experience in making good something this shite. It’s either a hell of a lot of filling and sanding or rip it all off and redo it.

Yes, *******, his insecurities are obvious. Small yappy dog. Ten a penny amongst kids today.

Light will be shone on the wall at that angle, both natural sunlight and down lights. It’s a chimney breast, will also have fire light on it.

Surprised at those saying the work is ok. It’s just about the worst I’ve seen. A good spread leaves it flawless.

To answer other questions, yes adequate lighting was provided, whether it was used it questionable. Can’t afford another spread. Have to fix myself, which I why I came here to ask the best way to turn . I can skim to a good standard but have little experience in making good something this shite. It’s either a hell of a lot of filling and sanding or rip it all off and redo it.

Yes, *******, his insecurities are obvious. Small yappy dog. Ten a penny amongst kids today.
That work is absolutely s**t, before I go any further, I live in Kent it wasn’t us that did it was it? Looks to me like board has started to come off at bottom of reveal or that it wasn’t scrimmed before plastering, the floating is not keyed both deep enough and enough so practically skimming on an unkeyed floating coat, the quality of the skim finish is s**t and the hard wall that blew used to do this when some bright spark decided to change celcon blocks over all this heat and noise transference crap without letting British Gypsum know, so they could do something about it without having to use Gyprime. All that said, I hope you didn’t pay him, I get massively pissed of with all these T***s saying they can do jobs they can’t, I wish you the best of luck but it wouldn’t surprise me if you had to take it off and start again, I certainly wouldn’t trust it after what you have shown us

That work is absolutely s**t, before I go any further, I live in Kent it wasn’t us that did it was it? Looks to me like board has started to come off at bottom of reveal or that it wasn’t scrimmed before plastering, the floating is not keyed both deep enough and enough so practically skimming on an unkeyed floating coat, the quality of the skim finish is s**t and the hard wall that blew used to do this when some bright spark decided to change celcon blocks over all this heat and noise transference crap without letting British Gypsum know, so they could do something about it without having to use Gyprime. All that said, I hope you didn’t pay him, I get massively pissed of with all these T***s saying they can do jobs they can’t, I wish you the best of luck but it wouldn’t surprise me if you had to take it off and start again, I certainly wouldn’t trust it after what you have shown us

Sorry for late reply, been busy.

No, it wasn’t you.

Yes, the plasterboard reveal was loose. Not enough adhesive on the block and all on the cavity closer.

Yup, hardwall not keyed enough, multi just peeled off when taking it down.

Hardwall blowing, skim cracking and popping beads in other areas too now. Bloody gutting. Worked wvery weekend and evening for ten months, then this bloke has one bad day and ruins it. Walked away from it now to see what else goes wrong before I attempt fixing any more.

Yup, paid him. Had no reason to doubt him as I’d seen his work a few times.

Thanks.

No, it wasn’t you.

Yes, the plasterboard reveal was loose. Not enough adhesive on the block and all on the cavity closer.

Hardwall blowing, skim cracking and popping beads in other areas too now. Bloody gutting. Worked wvery weekend and evening for ten months, then this bloke has one bad day and ruins it. Walked away from it now to see what else goes wrong before I attempt fixing any more.

Thanks.
Sorry to hear all that, hope it goes better for you from now on

No, it wasn’t you.

Thanks.
That must be frustrating

Looks like he hasn’t dampened down the substrate before applying the hard wall
Also when putting hardwall on its better to apply in two or three layers as it kills the suction and stops it drying out to fast
The skim looks like he has left the hardwall to long and the suction has got him again
As for the bead on the corner it’s cut to long and looks like it’s sitting on the dpc which has been trod on hence moving a unfixed or stuck on bead !