Advice regarding damp ceiling

Members online

Not gonna bow done to you or flynny I deal with jobs like that on a weekly basis and have good knowledge on how it works and how should be treated ect so don't patronise me by sucking up to flynny cos he is only looking for a bite and is a wind up merchant he could start a fight in an empty room, I'm stating how it works when you have a leak and the damage it causes so all the trapped water only gets soaked into the part where the mould is? All the moisture in the air only affects one area?

Not gonna bow done to you or flynny I deal with jobs like that on a weekly basis and have good knowledge on how it works and how should be treated ect so don't patronise me by sucking up to flynny cos he is only looking for a bite and is a wind up merchant he could start a fight in an empty room, I'm stating how it works when you have a leak and the damage it causes so all the trapped water only gets soaked into the part where the mould is? All the moisture in the air only affects one area?
What does moisture in the air have to do with damp plasterboard from a leak?

What have I done :( if your checking the leak has been fixed won't you notice the hidden mould? When you cut away the damaged section won't you notice it's still wet? Can't remember the last time I've took a complete ceiling down

What have I done :( if your checking the leak has been fixed won't you notice the hidden mould? When you cut away the damaged section won't you notice it's still wet? Can't remember the last time I've took a complete ceiling down
That's just pure laziness in my eyes, for the sake of taking down an extra sheet,if was a patch I would understand but if that leak had been going for a while how can you be sure that it hasn't reached other parts of the ceiling, your telling me you have never pulled down a ceiling that has had a leak and when pulling down 4ft away is wet but hasn't started to bow yet? Water is very unforgiving and u of all people should understand that,if you can't see if the other boards are damaged and your over boarding your not really doing it properly are you?

So if the moisture is in the air and has no way of escape where is it going to go? Mould can happen for various reasons
So if the moisture is in the air and has no way of escape where is it going to go? Mould can happen for various reasons
Youve lost me mate....if moisture is in the air of a bathroom it could cause mould but thats external on the surface due to the moisture of the bathroom and nothing to do with the now fixed leak or the boarding.....if you cut away the damp area there is no trapped moisture from above so your job is sound, if they got mould due to moisture content from using their bath/shower they need an extractor fitting

That's just pure laziness in my eyes, for the sake of taking down an extra sheet,if was a patch I would understand but if that leak had been going for a while how can you be sure that it hasn't reached other parts of the ceiling, your telling me you have never pulled down a ceiling that has had a leak and when pulling down 4ft away is wet but hasn't started to bow yet? Water is very unforgiving and u of all people should understand that,if you can't see if the other boards are damaged and your over boarding your not really doing it properly are you?
It's not laziness I'm just not creating extra work that's not needed, I'm reducing my carbon footprint, I'm giving extra fire protection, more soundproofing, staggering the joints reducing cracking so who is doing it properly? I'm not filling my lungs full of shite, I'm not making a mess, I'm not dumping it on a lane, I'm quicker and like I said, I would remove the damaged section, I might even stash that in the ceiling with a damp proof membrane lay on the ceiling to stop hidden mould, now I've heard about it xx reducing my carbon footprint further :)

So how do you know none of the other boards are affected if your only taking that one part that's affected down?u think that when you get a leak it will only go to one spot? I've been to jobs where the leak is no way near where the ceiling has fallen? Mould regardless doesn't happen over night poor ventilation is a key factor and once in the board the board is finished, I know I'm right and I will stick to doing my way u can carry on lashing up jobs for a quick buck

I found that ,if you cut 400mm around the affected area,it's ok, in most cases. How can you find out if bigger area is affected ? Put your saw, or screw through it and you will know. Mouldy board is as mushy as wet, if not worse. I did disagree with flynny's comment that mould don't travel inside the board and have to say it does, once is forced by water in.And that's the key, if you have excessive moisture+non vented air , not necessarily leak, mould will appear again, no matter if you have changed all boards or sprayed chemicals over it.Excesive moisture can be trapped in the beams or somewhere else and by airtight boarding you create the perfect conditions for growing mould .

Probs done now but fix leak is first

Replace contaminated plasterboard.
Use Dentolite to kill any remaining spores on the old plasterboard.
As suggested above probs best to overboard and skim.

Once dried pain using Anticon paint.

We offer lifetime guarantees against mould growth on Anticon as it is designed to never allow mould growth on its surface.

Lastly I know you said It was working but just make sure the extractor is working.

Last edited:
Probs done now but fix leak is first

Replace contaminated plasterboard.
Use Dentolite to kill any remaining spores on the old plasterboard.
As suggested above probs best to overboard and skim.

Once dried pain using Anticon paint.

We offer lifetime guarantees against mould growth on Anticon as it is designed to never allow mould growth on its surface.

Lastly I know you said It was working but just make sure the extractor is working.
Does that gear prevent or stop hidden mould?

Does that gear prevent or stop hidden mould?
Scientifically speaking I've been told it is impossible for black mould to grow on Anticon. So in terms of black mould yes it stops the growth but doesn't solve the problem

As for hidden mould. We need the hidden paint to mask that. Not quite sure where to obtain it though as you have to buy it from the hidden shop

Scientifically speaking I've been told it is impossible for black mould to grow on Anticon. So in terms of black mould yes it stops the growth but doesn't solve the problem

As for hidden mould. We need the hidden paint to mask that. Not quite sure where to obtain it though as you have to buy it from the hidden shop
Now that's a bold statement :numberone:

Hi there! I think you may cut the damaged section out to check the leak. Check out the tutorial videos for repair the leak. Repairing leak is necessary otherwise it causes the leak problem. My neighbor had a water leak in the house so he does the repair by checking online videos, but did not repaired it properly and because of the leak the problem of water damage also arises in the home so, their friend suggested them to file an insurance claim with the help of a public adjuster from this website and also they will suggest a good professional for the repairing.

Hi there! I think you may cut the damaged section out to check the leak. Check out the tutorial videos for repair the leak. Repairing leak is necessary otherwise it causes the leak problem. My neighbor had a water leak in the house so he does the repair by checking online videos, but did not repaired it properly and because of the leak the problem of water damage also arises in the home so, their friend suggested them to file an insurance claim with the help of a public adjuster from this website and also they will suggest a good professional for the repairing.
Bit controversial that advice innit?

That does not make much sense to me