Advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vince warwham

Hi all I have joined this forum as I need some advice. I bought a new house from perssimon homes last year. The house is fully rendered but shortly after I moved in I noticed that on every external corner the plastic corner beads are showing through not all the way up but proberly 50% intermitidly and if you lightly rub the corner it exposes more plastic. All the other rendered houses are of much higher standard and don't show any corner beads. I in a long running battle with perssimons to get this sorted and have contacted the LABC but they told me they can not help because it's not structural I feel I may have to take it legal so was wondering what any other plasters thought about this oh they did try and repair a couple of spots right at the front door but looked like they had stuck chewing gum on it so they later returned I don't know what they did but the area has turned blackish instead of white. Any comments would be gratefully appreciated.

When you look at the others are you sure you can't seethe bead but it's the same colour as the render? Maybe they used the wrong colour beads on uours and that's why you have noticed? Also it's imposible to patcha. Mono without a colour difference maybe paont your house?

Thanks for the reply. There's a few photos but they really don't do it justice it looks worse in real life. A couple of them are the repairs they did first.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    936.4 KB · Views: 690
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 647
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 635
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    981.7 KB · Views: 627
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 602
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    561.5 KB · Views: 610
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 620
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 621
When you look at the others are you sure you can't seethe bead but it's the same colour as the render? Maybe they used the wrong colour beads on uours and that's why you have noticed? Also it's imposible to patcha. Mono without a colour difference maybe paont your house?
Hi flynnymanno mate it is a completely different texture also the others look like more rounded bevels of render if u know what I mean and looks really good mine looks like it been put on with a catapult splattered on. When the shell of my house was completed it was taking ages to get rendered and the site manager said it was because they where waiting for a new plastering company to come on board I get the feeling my house was a test plot. But the other rendered houses after mine all look good Like the ones previous to mine

Even if one of the plasters on here could advise if this is bad workmanship and shouldn't be the way it is or if I may be over reacting. As flynnymanno said earlier I could paint it but when your paying £200,000 for a new house I don't see why I should be needing to paint it after a few months.

They maybe could of used a bead the same colour that wouldn't be as noticeable also it's imposible to patch and get the same colour, there are a few bits looking rough maybe get them to patch the bits and paint the rest that's the cheapest option the other is hack off and start again or go over the top with a different system but ask them to pay for it.

Why should you paint it !!?? The work is terrible and you should be compensated !! Your not over reacting you are paying 200grand for a house and you want it to be right!!! Not sure how you stand legally mate but i'l bet some of the lads on here will have a better idea how to advise?? Id kick off on a daily basis going into the site office or wherever making a nuisence of myself till they put it right and go into the showroom house and kick off there in front of potential buyers and put them off!!

If you scrape down the plastic bead exposing all the corners so you see a white line going all the way down it can look quite good I no you shouldn't have to but just an idea.

Just to give u all an update I sent them an email giving them 10 working days to to resolve it or I was seeking legal advice and I also told them about this forum and what you guys had posted. I got a phone call a couple of days later off a persimmons contracts manager to say he was standing outside my house and was in complete agreeance with me and had gave the subcontracter until the end of the day to tell him how and when it will be resolved or he will get someone else to do it and charge them. He asked me to give him a bit more time because he said he needed to get some advice on what to do about it but if it ment taking it all off and starting again he would. So hopefully I am eventually getting somewhere thanks for all the posts everyone.

Just to give u all an update I sent them an email giving them 10 working days to to resolve it or I was seeking legal advice and I also told them about this forum and what you guys had posted. I got a phone call a couple of days later off a persimmons contracts manager to say he was standing outside my house and was in complete agreeance with me and had gave the subcontracter until the end of the day to tell him how and when it will be resolved or he will get someone else to do it and charge them. He asked me to give him a bit more time because he said he needed to get some advice on what to do about it but if it ment taking it all off and starting again he would. So hopefully I am eventually getting somewhere thanks for all the posts everyone.

That's a nice result if it comes good :) let us know how it goes with some photos :)

Status
Not open for further replies.