Advice on scrabbling walls

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilharbs

Just after some advice.pricing a job up and part of it would be scrabbling up a painted section of sound render to enable a good background for the new s+c finish.never scrabbled before so would just have to hire one.only a small area 5sqm approx how long will it take?and what depth would one going over scrabble too.cheers

Ask for a refina power prep wil key up and remove some paint.workp a treat, take bout half hr or so with that.used it few times,bout 30quid to hire

Just after some advice.pricing a job up and part of it would be scrabbling up a painted section of sound render to enable a good background for the new s+c finish.never scrabbled before so would just have to hire one.only a small area 5sqm approx how long will it take?and what depth would one going over scrabble too.cheers

On s&c it'd take about 5-10 mins tops. Adjust the ring so it only takes off the paint and keys the render. You don't want to eat into the old top coat too much or it'd leave it weak for your new render.

Just watch out when u do hire a scabbler,some will charge for wear and tear on the scabbling heads.

We have a refina power prep iit is a good bit of kit discs are about £7+vat that will do the job:RpS_thumbsup:

Did think of using the angle grinder and just skimming over the wall with the diamond blade,then cutting shallow horizontal groove for keying up.

Did think of using the angle grinder and just skimming over the wall with the diamond blade,then cutting shallow horizontal groove for keying up.

well what the fk did you waste a whole thread for then :glare:

:RpS_lol::RpS_lol::RpS_lol:

Just to pick everyone's noggins for any super duper ideas.still sore over the kenny thing?
:RpS_unsure:

:RpS_lol:

What kind of paint is it you want to remove? What type of render is the existing render?

If you're removing an acrylic paint you will need a grinder to remove this, such as our EUF100. If it's like a sandbox finish the scabbier will do the job. If it's S&C underneath the paint the C6 cutters will leave a good key for new render. If you get back to me with the info above I'll be able to recommend the most suitable cutters for the job - important if you don't want to be charged for them from the hire company.

What kind of paint is it you want to remove? What type of render is the existing render?

If you're removing an acrylic paint you will need a grinder to remove this, such as our EUF100. If it's like a sandbox finish the scabbier will do the job. If it's S&C underneath the paint the C6 cutters will leave a good key for new render. If you get back to me with the info above I'll be able to recommend the most suitable cutters for the job - important if you don't want to be charged for them from the hire company.

Or use an angle grinder to key. It's a no brainier FFS

Thanks for the advice mate,I will see what happens with the client etc.its just a standard s+c finish with standard masonry paint.thanks y'all!

you will sometimes find;

if you grind in diamonds into the render then soak/wash the wall down reel good after the next day the small diamonds of paint peel off ded eezy

Refina

I need clarification on discs for the powerprep.

In the book I asked fior discs that were pictured but with no code on the image but the usual zecs came in the post, I have had this twice now. I want to know what all the discs you have are do you have pics of them? seems no matter what ones we try to get we always end up with the same one in particular

Refina

I need clarification on discs for the powerprep.

In the book I asked fior discs that were pictured but with no code on the image but the usual zecs came in the post, I have had this twice now. I want to know what all the discs you have are do you have pics of them? seems no matter what ones we try to get we always end up with the same one in particular

Hi there,

Which discs are you after? We do a range of discs. The ATX discs pictured on the left beneath the EPO180 powerprep in the catalogue are excellent for removing paint without damaging the surface underneath. Other than that we do a range of Zec discs, different grits, hard backed, semi flexible etc.

If you tell me what you're trying to achieve with discs I'll be able to recommend the most suitable.

Cheers,
Leon

I always end up with the hard backed slightly concaved disc with spiral grooves in them. but there is another disc in a picture with no number on it I want to try but cant figure out what number it is.

Would it be too much trouble to email me the pic with the number next to it ?

Well I always would start with a few vowels such as a e I o and u then a few consonants and try piece the longest word I can think of. Take a thesaurus and leave the mixer.

Od thread I know but I couldn't resist:RpS_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.