advice on pricing a j.o.b and a question

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDS

had a ring from a regular builder who gives me the odd job here and there, he wants me to re board
and skim a celling or just re skim , i havent saw it yet will av a look to moz but it is 13ft by 13t what would you all charge for this?

and the other question is he says it may not need reboarding its just because off all the paper on the celling hes got most of it off but it it possable to skim over little bits of paper? thanks lads

thanks mate can you re skim oover bits of paper or dose the celling have to be clear from paper completley?

Clean the surface area so that all paper is off or will give you a right headache,if there are bits still on it when it has been PVA'd then just scrape off and skim away.

i fukin hate little bits of paper on the wall does my head in your constantly pullin bits throo the plaster get it off the ceilin or youll be sick

get one of those six inch razor scrapers from b and q for a fiver. that will take all the scabby bits off np. then again, if it wont come off with a steamer or scraper just go over it. i know thats bad practice and i dont usually do it, but i had a job a couple of weeks ago where i spent two days trying to strip woodchip from a hall stairs and landing - i got half way down and had one of them eureka moments - if it wont come off with a steamer it's not gonna come off if i plaster over it. covered it in bond it / pva and skimmed over the lot. perfect. just scraped all the edges up to the skirts and dado to leave a nice neat edge. if it was day rate i would have obviously perservered but it was on a price.

thanks mate hopefully its all sealed and i can just skim it mifght just go with the re board option and convince him it needs doing times are hard

Status
Not open for further replies.