Advice on EWI

Status
Not open for further replies.
you must learn how to handle these bully boys, if you want to be a successful contractor in this field.

Ive been good for 5 months now but when ive got a ex chippy telling me something dont look straight when it is and then when I show him with a straight edge he tells me that I just need it to look right even if I have to do it wrong. Optical illusion that I'm meant to be fixing

Ive been good for 5 months now but when ive got a ex chippy telling me something dont look straight when it is and then when I show him with a straight edge he tells me that I just need it to look right even if I have to do it wrong. Optical illusion that I'm meant to be fixing

Steve I have the utmost respect for you and your father , I have obviously met you all and know where your coming from, I also know what its like working for a main contractor and it does not matter how tough and business like you are , if they don't want to play ball they won't, hence why I will not work for these arses any more, they talk about proffesionalism and business ethics but in reality all they think about is how much they can screw you down on just to boost their own bonuses , I am done with site work full stop, but admire you guys for at least having the balls to have a go . keep it up , you'll get there

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Steve I have the utmost respect for you and your father , I have obviously met you all and know where your coming from, I also know what its like working for a main contractor and it does not matter how tough and business like you are , if they don't want to play ball they won't, hence why I will not work for these arses any more, they talk about proffesionalism and business ethics but in reality all they think about is how much they can screw you down on just to boost their own bonuses , I am done with site work full stop, but admire you guys for at least having the balls to have a go . keep it up , you'll get there

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Thanks Paul

I just want to go to work everyday and earn good money to bring home. We do good quality work, quickly but never seem to get the same back from the people who are further up the chain.

we fit all angle beads with a spirit level, that way there is no such thing as your work looking wrong. the problem is then with another trade.

Stopped doing site work over 18 months ago for the very same reason, pen pushers telling you how to work and messing around with money.

Dog **** rates, driving for hours on end in the morning and at night.

I had one women QS, on her knees in a flat i had plastered a few weeks before with her nose on the wall looking for imperfections, she would stick bits of coloured paper on the wall where needed filling or rubbing down.

Domestic work is all I want now, no pressure, get to meet mostly decent people who after meeting and talking them through the work, usually will pay what I ask.

Steady away on the internals in the winter and take on a few externals for the summer, first year rendering for me and I have done 3 jobs this year priced 6/7, so not bad for me.

Site work is a dogs game, iv been the only plasterer on site early January 2009 -8 snow on ground with a small heater in Wakefield 35 miles away, skimming for £2.40 p/m2.

Was I thought any better of, was I fook.

Site work is not worth ruining your joints for.

If this goverment deposit thingy is going to boost house building and plasterers decide to give up the ewi and go back inside, then who is going to do the ewi work for the stupid rates being paid?

Oh....when demand outstrips supply! Thats when I will reap vengeance on the punters!

Status
Not open for further replies.