Advice on EWI

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJMPlastering

Hi,

So basically were a gang of renderers that have recently gone into EWI, we have gone down all avenues going on courses to find out how to install it and also get the pas2030, all i wanted to know is how i go about getting the work im listed on the Green Deal website but the funding issue and also finding the works is proving to be a bit tricky can anyone point me in the right direction

Thanks

Website, tender lists.

Work wont just fall into your lap mind, it takes a fair bit of effort to get established as a thermal cladding contractor

Reputation and word of mouth remains the best source by far for us.

If your geared up for pas2030 im sure whoever looks after that in your firm will be more than savvy enough to get you into the market.

Good luck

I was going to sign up for this Green Deal installer. The plan was to find my own customers but apparently although you can find the customers the work then has to be offered out to tender so I cannot see the point? Besides we get enough private non funded work without GD.

Website, tender lists.

Work wont just fall into your lap mind, it takes a fair bit of effort to get established as a thermal cladding contractor

Reputation and word of mouth remains the best source by far for us.

If your geared up for pas2030 im sure whoever looks after that in your firm will be more than savvy enough to get you into the market.

Good luck

Thanks for the advice there man

I was going to sign up for this Green Deal installer. The plan was to find my own customers but apparently although you can find the customers the work then has to be offered out to tender so I cannot see the point? Besides we get enough private non funded work without GD.

It's not offered out. Once u sort out a GDA for them they are entitled to use the report to shop around to other GDI for quotes.

Same as any other job u price for and unless u have paid for the assessment for them you not out of pocket.

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

I think

GD does seem to be getting going at long last

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

The budgets on schemes I find are too low to do a proper belt and braces spec on the install.

Its staggering how many jobs arw fitted incorrectly. There is a high rise cluster in scholes, wigan that is alive with fungi along with delamination of the product and even whole sections of insulation coming off and crashing down to earth.
Worryingly its not the worst I have seen by a long shot

All this coupled with gangs of men mot in work futher keeping rates at bottom of barrel level suggests to me that the schemes are not working for all concerned.

www.jfe-rendersystems.co.uk

We've just picked up a new contract with Scottish power all eco funded 250 houses on top of our already existing contracts with British gas, eon, etc but the prices are really tight , not happy bit I keep plugging away trying to negogiate better terms rates etc , there does seem to be a slight increase in the funding and I feel confident that it will get better at the start of next year. I must add though that we have not done one green deal job on the ewi side

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using The Plasterers Forum mobile app

Definately, and who really wants a lone attatched to their property , ok you benefit from a warmer property and reduce your carbon footprint , but most people just don't see it that way , where as with eco funded you at least reap the benefit of reduced energy/fuel bills , even if a small contribution is required the householder can start to reap the benefits within a few years , not to mention the cashback scheme that's also available on the first 1500 payable

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using The Plasterers Forum mobile app

And also the lack of consitant information and clarity from both the government and energy co's

This is not a dig at the main contractors but I am amazed at how low the prices are for the sub contractors.obviously they will be lower than private work but the standard of work will be poor at the rates that are available.

I will be one of the first to agree with you bobby , I've been trying to fight the corner of the subby and push the rates up I have nearly conviced the directors that rates have to be good to attract the right installers/operatives but it is struggle especially when the big 5 are dictatating how the market goes, what I want to know is where is ofgem !! They know they are price fixing but seem to be turning a blind eye

What's on offer to the subbys at the moment? Just for the base and top no insulation

Steve I'll email you , or gimme a call , I know your busy at the mo with the bairn , an I'm under pressure so just give me a bell when you got a minute, but the rates between the north an the south are significantly different , I must say

I have spoke to 3 guys offering a start on here and it varies a lot. For obvious reasons I don't want to say what the rates are.fair play Paul for trying to get decent rates.

Thanks mate ill email you .

Im sick of internals after a nightmare job with anal finishing formans picking up tiny issues when we have worked our bollox of to hide everyone else's mistakes

Last edited:
I will snap some ones hand off if offered 6 months internal work over the winter tbh.:)

I'm sick of working my bolloxs of and ending up with a **** wage coz I'm working fit idiots that can not produce a run of work and won't listen to what we say.

Eggshell will make it look shite I says. So they ignore that and it does. Blame us for shite plastering and want us to snag it to death and it kooks worse so after months of running about earning nothing and owed thousands, they decide to Matt a room as a trail. Looks perfect so they repaint 20 000m2.

Don't think its ever gonna change. At least on externals you not waiting for boarders,sparks and plumbers that all seem more important to Tue contractor then us. You also don't have to deal with lazy shite decorators.

External you in and out and its less hassle.

Rant over

Steve, its always been the same, they never listen to the man on the ground , but some snot nosed straight outa uni can do no wrong

Yer I've started to lose my rag with them which they didn't like. Difficult to work with they muttered as they got in to there BMW's.

The thincoat on the outside by another contractor looks so shite as well but that's ok which pissed me off even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.