Advice needed

Members online

Krisj1987

Guys , new to plastering and decided to plaster my bedroom( if you do t try you’ll never learn lol) I’ve done not to bad so far but not confident with the wall in pics attached. How do I get a good sharp line we’re the wall meets , do I plaster both top and bottom at same time or lay on bottom half first the wait to set then do top half? Probably not the easiest wall for a beginner to try ! Better with 4 straight walls lol ! Advise needed ASAP

Cheers.

Attachments

• D3C2A7AD-89E9-43F1-98CA-C48E7E7977A2.jpeg
    D3C2A7AD-89E9-43F1-98CA-C48E7E7977A2.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 428
  • 14B902C3-3E8E-484C-AC9D-097E0578850E.jpeg
    14B902C3-3E8E-484C-AC9D-097E0578850E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 437
  • 74F8BABB-B10D-4ED8-8A19-AF7C88F21E04.jpeg
    74F8BABB-B10D-4ED8-8A19-AF7C88F21E04.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 464
I.d maybe do summet bout that board bottom left of first pic as it looks f**k*d . Top first but think you.ll still struggle to get a nice straight line

Guys , new to plastering and decided to plaster my bedroom( if you do t try you’ll never learn lol) I’ve done not to bad so far but not confident with the wall in pics attached. How do I get a good sharp line we’re the wall meets , do I plaster both top and bottom at same time or lay on bottom half first the wait to set then do top half? Probably not the if easiest wall for a beginner to try ! Better with 4 straight walls lol ! Advise needed ASAP

Cheers.
If you’ve got a straight edge rule, hold it along the bottom wall & then top wall, where they meet. Too make sure the line is running plum, if not fix some scrim along the join, and feather it out straight, with some bonding first. But if both walls are plum and straight crack on with the skim! Good luck.

With the greatest of respect you will not get this angle to look straight!

Plasterers myself included find these a nightmare also, much harder to straighten than a normal 90 degress internal!

You'd be better off replacing the board it looks knackered. The problem with replacing just the bits that are the worst is those old boards are 8mm.

If you’ve got a straight edge rule, hold it along the bottom wall & then top wall, where they meet. Too make sure the line is running plum, if not fix some scrim along the join, and feather it out straight, with some bonding first. But if both walls are plum and straight crack on with the skim! Good luck.
straighten by eye if it looks wright then it is wright

Ah the dreaded horizontal splay, every plasterers nemesis. They are a test to even accomplished spreads, I struggled with them for years before finding the right approach. I've tried stop beads, string lines, straight edges but best way I found is a Laser level. If you don't want to splash out on a pole mounted laser then get a hand one then put on pair of steps or window cill then adjust the height with Packers .
You won't need to put the laser on until you start rubbing up. This is tried and tested and the angle comes out . I haven't got an pics, tried to take some from the house but little en thinks its a game lol
IMG_20181013_185722.jpg

Laser levels aren't expensive and are great for getting long runs of belcast straight where you don't want to batton.
All this said ; plaster is only as good as it's background, if it's not straight behind ; it won't be straight on top.
If I look at a job with a long splay I'll check it for level before pricing, we did one once that was 11m long and client specifically said that wanted a sharp corner. We followed this method and it came out well
IMG_20181013_185734.jpg

I just lower there expectation and tell them they always look shite!

Last one i did i couldnt even look at it without wanting to cry.

Swear to god i try my hardest but looked like my littlun had troweled it up!

Theres some jobs out there that just make yer look shite and for me there 1 of them!

b*****d, twatting things!!!