Advice needed

Members online

swplaster

Hi guys looking for some advice here, roughcasted a dormer on a roof with white enewall top coat and dashed with white Nordic chips last week. Had to leave the job after finished it and left my labourer to clear up any way he cleared up but didn't wash the brand new leadwork down [says he forgot an expensive forget for me about a grand worth of lead]does any body know of any product that will take the white marks off the leadwork without damaging the lead. Cheers stuart.

Hi guys looking for some advice here, roughcasted a dormer on a roof with white enewall top coat and dashed with white Nordic chips last week. Had to leave the job after finished it and left my labourer to clear up any way he cleared up but didn't wash the brand new leadwork down [says he forgot an expensive forget for me about a grand worth of lead]does any body know of any product that will take the white marks off the leadwork without damaging the lead. Cheers stuart.
Take some money out of his wages as he won't forget again ?

Maybe try contacting technical services at enewall, might be worth a punt. Their tech boys may know something

Ah that doesn't sound good, that will be hard to shift, the lead will weather eventually. I'd try everbuild wonder wipes on it they make some heavy stain remover in a yellow tub, none solvent based.

Was the lead quite dark and uniform in colour? If so, that means it's had a coat of patination oil - the oil does nothing but makes it look pretty after it's been cut/dressed etc. Either way, get some fine wet n dry paper, best done wet, then gently rub it. Once it's dry wipe using a cloth wipe over with patination oil (don't use a brush). It will be good as new...lead is very forgiving...unlike my missus!

I don't think patination oil will do any good, it has to be put on as soon as the lead is in place to work and is only to stop the lead staining roof slates.