Advice needed

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kev80

Hi guys i have a bay window which is timber framed and needs rendering (wet dash/ roughcasting)
Am i right in thinking this is the right way to about this using sand and cement render.

Building paper then expandable metal lathe around bay give it a scratch coat key up. Leave for a few days
then the top coat mixed with pebbles in the mix then dash that straight onto the scratch coat??

If your going on to mesh best to 3 coat well thats how it should be done, u can get away with 2 coats some times ..... Dont know about wet dash like , more pebbledashing me like , sure some body else will be along with more info ....

Maybe exterior ply,2/1 tantalised battens,membrane,eml,then a scratch coat,leave for a week then second scratch then a week later dash it, many may ways and options , render board been the modern way @runwithscissors

Ply board it, then breathable roofing felt then expanded metal lathing. With a stiff mix apply a scratch coat and if satisfactory then 2nd coat finish.

Scratch coat leave for a few days, second coat then wet dash the same day as you would if you were pebble dashing/dry dashing. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.