Advertising

Status
Not open for further replies.

spredz

Most of my work comes from builders and word of mouth.

I get a few bits from t'internet.

In terms of advertising though, I'm interested to know any success stories - what have you paid out for that you'd pay out for again?

For me, I get about 1 call a month from a website which has google ad-words pointing punters to it.

I get about one call a year from yellow pages. I only have a one line entry though (a pal of mine spent £700 2 years ago and got nicht from it)

The local gazette paper charges £75 per single week edition... don't bother with that plus there's already about 5 other spreads advertising in it.

I'm in west london by the way where there seem to be more spreads advertising than you can wave a trowel at

cheers
spredz

spredz said:
Most of my work comes from builders and word of mouth.

I get a few bits from t'internet.

In terms of advertising though, I'm interested to know any success stories - what have you paid out for that you'd pay out for again?

For me, I get about 1 call a month from a website which has google ad-words pointing punters to it.

I get about one call a year from yellow pages. I only have a one line entry though (a pal of mine spent £700 2 years ago and got nicht from it)

The local gazette paper charges £75 per single week edition... don't bother with that plus there's already about 5 other spreads advertising in it.

I'm in west london by the way where there seem to be more spreads advertising than you can wave a trowel at

cheers
spredz
Where abouts in west london you from spredz???

Keep doing what ur doing m8 i advertise in yellow pages up here in Scotland m8 just to keep my name in the frame costs £550.00 you get more jobs to cover costs but word of mouth etc best way to go and i,m now 23 years in the game ,pissed off by the amount of chancers up here but there everywhere

i spend over £250 a month in ads and it pays off well,long run of repeat work, also work of mouth and my website,

pkillie said:
Keep doing what ur doing m8 i advertise in yellow pages up here in Scotland m8 just to keep my name in the frame costs £550.00 you get more jobs to cover costs but word of mouth etc best way to go and i,m now 23 years in the game ,(french word)ed off by the amount of chancers up here but there everywhere

Do you do any work on arran mate?

oasis said:
i spend over £250 a month in ads and it pays off well,long run of repeat work, also work of mouth and my website,

How are you allocating the monthly £250 then Oasis does it all go in the local paper or elsewhere?

I guess I want to spend something somewhere but want to make sure it's money well spent and given that I ain't keen on yellow pages or the local paper I want some other ideas. what else is there?

I spend £1.00 per day per website I have 2 sites that i promote on google adwords and I have enquiries coming out of my ears mainly all big works and all to start next year I very rarely get work around the doors where i live as to many 1 week chancers advertising and will work for peanuts, when i was advertising in the local rags years ago i had a 2 line cheap advert in the classifieds for years just to keep my name there

Hi Spredz.Check this company out.'Checkatrade.com Iam a member myself and they have over 3000 members who are all Recommended,Vetted and Monitored by the customers.Its for all different trades and mainly cover areas from Dorset to Kent and Just north of London.Def worth clicking on their website and make your own mind up!Matt.

i spend £100 a month on a local advertising company .. ie on get on ad boards loacal buses and on door drops ect and i also go in the local rags for the posh areas including the front page of one ect adds up but iv had me money back and always have work so ill keep doing what im doing :)

oasis said:
i spend £100 a month on a local advertising company .. ie on get on ad boards loacal buses and on door drops ect and i also go in the local rags for the posh areas including the front page of one ect adds up but iv had me money back and always have work so ill keep doing what im doing :)

Very interesting Oasis I'm wondering if there's a similar advertising company in my hood. Do you mind if I take a look at your ad company's website matey? Whereaboots are you by the way?

Cheers
spredz

Render Systems said:
I spend £1.00 per day per website I have 2 sites that i promote on google adwords and I have enquiries coming out of my ears mainly all big works and all to start next year I very rarely get work around the doors where i live as to many 1 week chancers advertising and will work for peanuts, when i was advertising in the local rags years ago i had a 2 line cheap advert in the classifieds for years just to keep my name there

Also very interesting RS, I take it the majority of your work is the next generation insulative render then is it? Out of interest what percentage of your work is traditional plastering versus the new ear gear?

thanks matey,

Spredz

all i get from yellow pages or yell is people ringing me up 2/3 times a week asking if i want to buy stuff drives me mad they does :mad: started asking them if they want any plastering doing

I am pricing mainly EIFS, Thin Coat Systems and Monocouche Renders the last internal plastering job I did was 6 months ago... but the way the weather is getting now I will be looking for some internal work... any offers...

spredz said:
Render Systems said:

Also very interesting RS, I take it the majority of your work is the next generation insulative render then is it? Out of interest what percentage of your work is traditional plastering versus the new ear gear?

thanks matey,

Spredz

kebab king said:
Spreadz, i`ll be in Northwood Hills on Friday.

5 minutes from me that is mucker. I'll be scratching an extension friday in ruislip just down the road from my drum. What you up to over in northwood then geez?

i advertise in local paper £300 a month when things slow a bit max 6 months a year ,+ yell.com £538 a year + thomson local £750a year.I do 20,000 leaflets a year also and deliver them twice a year down all the terrace streets £300 + mine and the missus time deliveering them.Plus i got 2 websites £250 a year.
I usually go in yellow pages but gave it a miss this year and built extrawebsite instead.
I find a combination of all these give me pretty much constant work.
The paper is good but expensive.
yell.com is pretty poor.
thomson local 2-3 enquiries a month.Pays for itself
leaflets 5-10 jobs a year (but time consuming) ok if large jobs that pay
Repeat work from word of mouth is how i get most my work,but you gotta always be looking for new customers as people move away /die/change builders etc.
Get your van sign written in quality signs (something i need to do with my new van).
its amazing how many customers you will get when working at he house next door and they see your van.or they see your van at he merchaNTS OR TAKE UR NUMBER WHILE DRIVING BEHIND YOU.

aLL WORK DOWN MY WAY AS SLOWED A LOT RECENTLY PEOPLE ARE SAVING MONEY FOR CHRISTMAS (DOMESTIC) COME MID JANUARY START ADVERTISING AND THE WORK WILL BE COMING IN MORE REGULAR

Excellent post S2D, thanks for your input....

skimmin2day said:
i advertise in local paper £300 a month when things slow a bit max 6 months a year ,+ yell.com £538 a year + thomson local £750a year.I do 20,000 leaflets a year also and deliver them twice a year down all the terrace streets £300 + mine and the missus time deliveering them.Plus i got 2 websites £250 a year.
I usually go in yellow pages but gave it a miss this year and built extrawebsite instead.
I find a combination of all these give me pretty much constant work.
The paper is good but expensive.
yell.com is pretty poor.
thomson local 2-3 enquiries a month.Pays for itself
leaflets 5-10 jobs a year (but time consuming) ok if large jobs that pay
Repeat work from word of mouth is how i get most my work,but you gotta always be looking for new customers as people move away /die/change builders etc.
Get your van sign written in quality signs (something i need to do with my new van).
its amazing how many customers you will get when working at he house next door and they see your van.or they see your van at he merchaNTS OR TAKE UR NUMBER WHILE DRIVING BEHIND YOU.

aLL WORK DOWN MY WAY AS SLOWED A LOT RECENTLY PEOPLE ARE SAVING MONEY FOR CHRISTMAS (DOMESTIC) COME MID JANUARY START ADVERTISING AND THE WORK WILL BE COMING IN MORE REGULAR

Render Systems said:

how does adwords work? and cost?
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.