advertising

Status
Not open for further replies.

christ

Private Member
just wondering weather to put an ad in the local paper............ any 1 had any calls this year.

cheers

Got an ad in the local Bristol Observer,been running for 6 months,since start of month had 6 calls,got 5 jobs from it.It aint cheap though.

never had anything work for me via yellow pages......where i am.. its not worth a wank...i use local papers all the way..get most of my biz there apart from kitchen /bathroom and builder biz...also use website via google hits probably get 1 in 8 jobs from titnernet.....i try and ask victims...sorry customers lol where theyve heard about me.....been doing that for a while cause i got pizzed off with spending a fortune on advertising. But works different for different people because i think of location.
Cheeky one is to put biz cards on a little stand in barbers on their shelf...do a job for free for one of them and get them to sell u...got 16 jobs last year from 2 barber shops ...no bull...u think about it its like having a captive audience, sitting in the chair and looking around....works for me anyway.

my local rag is £40 a week........ last time i advertised i didnt get 1 call, £160 down the drain. think of how much booze i could off bought with that ha ha

phippsy333 said:
never had anything work for me via yellow pages......where i am.. its not worth a wank...i use local papers all the way..get most of my biz there apart from kitchen /bathroom and builder biz...also use website via google hits probably get 1 in 8 jobs from titnernet.....i try and ask victims...sorry customers lol where theyve heard about me.....been doing that for a while cause i got pizzed off with spending a fortune on advertising. But works different for different people because i think of location.
Cheeky one is to put biz cards on a little stand in barbers on their shelf...do a job for free for one of them and get them to sell u...got 16 jobs last year from 2 barber shops ...no bull...u think about it its like having a captive audience, sitting in the chair and looking around....works for me anyway.

have you had your site optimized to get good rankings on google or do you use pay per click?

nah neither......i use a few cheats...each page says plastering...and name of local town.....ie thaxstead etc....so to optimise hits..also get a few free listings......but if your serious about doing a site bailey get danny from here to do one for you...he be the man on getting hits from websites...feck off googgle advertising cost an arm and a leg.....

Thing with local rag is you need to be in there all the time to build confidence , i have a half page ad at £100 a week , pays for it self 6 fold easy ,over 30 spreds in the back section , just me in the middle of the paper , coloured add.

where i live we have a booklet which goes to all the houses , it comes out every 2 months and it costs me around 60 quid depending on the size of ur ad .. i get most of my work through this booklet ,having the van signwritten helped aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.