advertising

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramplastering

Do you guy use the local papers to advertise and is getting my van sign written a good idea?

How much money should i set aside for all this?

Any advice would be very helpful

My van is sign written, does ok got a few jobs out of it. my website does a fait amount. I pay £65 a month for an advert and does about 2 leads a week.

Danny

its cost £40 a week to advertise in my local paper fecking rip off, also never had anyone say they got got my number of the van, but does look more professional.

I pay £358 a month to advertise in my local paper for 24 days concurrent 4 x 6 days monday to saturday. This is expensive but my main source of work.

bloooooody hell 358??? i pay 58 a month 7 days a week....
still that is the cheapest paper ive ever found...think the spalding target is around 100 a month, free press around 75 a month...
but nearly 400 quid! christ i could have a full page spread for that....
in fact 400 quid gets you nearly a quarter page in the thomson local for a YEAR...
you must live in london??

papers, that you dont have to pay for, usualy cost more to advertise in. the paper i advertise in start from 30 a week up 2 £ 500 i think.

im thinking of trying a new angle...discounts for metrage...thing is, although im still on a decent size job ive took 3 calls in 3 weeks which is sod all for me really...and those were poxy little jobs which werent worth the hassle..
im thinking a 100 quid tiny ceiling twice a week just aint anywhere near good enough so kick off at 100 quid for a tiny ceiling then drop it to 250 for a smallish room then drop again for 2 smallish rooms and again for a full floor and again for a full house...point bein i wont lose cos with that amount all at once you can throw loads on all at once without the hassle of moving stuff about (make this a criteria - all rooms empty/carpets up all at once, tell em the details when you get the lead..)
hopefully what it'll do is tap into the 'dont move - improve' market and get em to spend a bit more money in one go thereby increasing profit for minimum f'ckabout...
any thoughts??

or possibly even the buy one get one free angle?? just up the price...worked for safestyle and they kept pushin it for yonks...and ive seen the price of 3 fitted windows from them...
i could have done 3 windows fitted peice of p'ss for a grand, done in less than a day, make 500 quid. safestyle.....2300...wait 6 months for a fensa cert..no lintels..dodgy workmanship (cheap rates for the fitters)..
so...500 quid for 3 rooms skimmed out? people might take more notice of that...
get 2 of them a week..laffin...

so if the customers gives you more than 1 room you give them discount, say £250 4 the first room and do the rest of the rooms for a bit cheaper?

buy 2 get one free sounds better to me. also did anybody watch ''dont blame the builder'' last night.
crazy program

yeh thats it, 3 for 2 say...im gonna give it a go next month just have a look see what it generates...ive got example prices on my add and it normally generates the leads...people are always looking for a bargain...missed the builder thing though...gonna try and catch it on 'catch up'...

Status
Not open for further replies.