Advertising your business.Help needed.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

SapperPinder

Ive recently left the army in the Royal Engineers where my trade was plastering.I already have the relevant qualifications and the experience in some cases. i have a van, some ladders and all the tools but i really need some advice on how to get my name out there and how to start getting jobs and basically how to set up my own plastering business. Any advice at all would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Van sign written, business cards and advertise, oh and park your sign written van in the b&q car park whilst handing out business cards, i've heard this works really well:RpS_wink:

Down the local pub where builders drink always used to be a good one but it dont seem to work these days, if you want a quick start i would phone around different plastering companys and see if they had any work and if you can get a start then put your name about after.

Do they have plasterers in the army?....do you go behind the bloke with the bazooka ....it's ok I can make it good go go go

sorry to bring up an old thread...but when i went "back" to plastering, no one knew i was a plasterer. I had 10'000 double sided leaflets done for £130, and went out and delivered every day. And got tons of work. I still go out now for a few hours on a day im not working. And I always get a phone call or two that evening. Also free websites like yell.com google etc...Just need a few clients to start up the "client list" then it just grows.:RpS_thumbsup:

Ive recently left the army in the Royal Engineers where my trade was plastering.I already have the relevant qualifications and the experience in some cases. i have a van, some ladders and all the tools but i really need some advice on how to get my name out there and how to start getting jobs and basically how to set up my own plastering business. Any advice at all would be much appreciated. Thanks.
When i left the army 2005 and started up the british legion gave me loads of help. give them a bell or look on here..https://www.civvystreet.org/tabid/5880/Default.aspx

Anything that gets your name out there mate, at the moment your just sowing seeds it takes time for a business to grow in fact years and years. Hope it works out for you.

I hope you stick around mate, cos we seem to get a few ex-army lads coming on here who seem to think a 2/3/4/5/6 week plastering course is gonna give them the experience to make a good living. Perhaps you can put them right ........

And getting your name known is an art that will take years. Best of luck to ya though :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.