advertising .......yawn

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nicksey1401

what do you domestic experts reckon, is it worth putting an ad in or wait till february?

what do you domestic experts reckon, is it worth putting an ad in or wait till february?

in my local paper u normally get 3/4 spreads a week in there last week there was 11, shows how desperate things r gettin!  :'(

i reckon it'll be a total waste of money nicksey, but i am from a different neck of the woods to u.

if i was i u i would use the money to go on the piss :D

Sometimes 20 plasterers advertise (16 average) in my local rag, not bothered for a year now, Just put signs on van this afternoon, Topmarks Plastering and Handyman, over half my work over past year has been an assortment of plumbing, joinery, roofing, tiling, kitchen and bathroom fitting and of coarse, plastering.

Little shitty jobs can be tiresome, but I keep busy most of time. :)

find the paper a waste for time and money what i have been doing is if i see any building work going on any where,put a letter headed note through the door saying that you have noticed some building work going on and tell them a bit about yourself and the buisness and that you would be more than happy to qoute for any plastering work that is needed only posted 3 went to qoute for one of them last week outside rendering and render and skim inside, anythings worth ago

Little shitty jobs can be tiresome, but I keep busy most of time. :)[/quote]

in the past its been the little jobs that have kept me in the black, and every little job you do is another customer who might pass your number on to others

in the past its been the little jobs that have kept me in the black, and every little job you do is another customer who might pass your number on to others

[/quote]

Yeah always leave about 10 or so business cards with your customer, chances are he will pass them around.

[/quote]
:D I totally agree ive done a lot of "sprats to catch mackerals" Some have been the jobs that no-one else would do or want way too much for doing or customer been let down.

Ive never let anyone down, you surely know where Im coming from then?

i've got what my mrs calls "the old lady mafia" working for me! i do the jobs for them that, like you, no one else wants, don't rip them off and they tell their sons and daughters, friends in the knitting circle etc etc etc, what goes round comes round...

Correct, being self-employed for 1 year this week, word of mouth recomendation is definately the best way IMO. Put signage on van today, number of times people have said they didn,t know what I did :-X

self employed off and on (more on than off) 24yrs this year, would have been a millionaire if i wasn't such a p**shead! ;D

You not at spring chicken then, 20 odd years of factory work have taken there toll on me, had to "get out"

for a very brief moment i though about getting some flyers printed out and dishing them out all over the place offering a 25% christmas discount (ofcourse id quote slightly higher ;) ) but decided against it, the weathers pants, the work would be done too cheap as no doubt they would still get quotes from others and it would just seem as a gimmick and could potentially ruin my name,. so that was the end of that idea! :-X

for a very brief moment i though about getting some flyers printed out and dishing them out all over the place offering a 25% christmas discount (ofcourse id quote slightly higher  ;) ) but decided against it, the weathers pants, the work would be done too cheap as no doubt they would still get quotes from others and it would just seem as a gimmick and could potentially ruin my name,. so that was the end of that idea!  :-X

no i wouldnt bother doing that either mate :cool: could still do the flyers and spend a day posting them through doors if u got nothing on

Status
Not open for further replies.