advertising with yell.co.uk

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

col

Hi, has anyone advertised in their local area with yell online and if so shat kind of response do you get?
cheers

col

i have always found a return on investment with the yellow pages and yell online but you have to speculate to accumulate. just make sure when you get enquiry calls you always ask where they got your number from and this way you ca measure how successful it has been for the year. also look at what your competitors are saying in their adds and try and be different to them

hi col, im into my second year of advertising with yell.com and the yellow pages i pay around £560 a year for both, seems pricey when you think about it but realistically u can make that back from one job. I probably got 8 or 10 jobs last year through yellow pages so least it paid for itself in a way .Hope this was of some help.

my dads advertised with yellow pages, only got a few calls more the bigger jobs, he was near the back of the list though. if your going to do it try and start busniess name with A or as close to it as possible.

also dad was always getting sales calls and they got his number from yellow pages, at least 3 calls a week.

they say they can make it stop but it doesnt.

Hi
I advertise with free index.co.uk You can upload pictures of your work if you want to and also add the web address to your quote sheet/ invoices etc. It also allows you to see how many people have looked at your page, satisfied customers can leave good reviews. It has generated work for me. The only drawback is the amount of annoying calls you get from people trying to sell you stuff, but the pro's outweigh the cons. Put yourself on a classified ad on eBay too,
Cheers
Tony ;D

We are just about to start our 3rd year with Yell and have upped the size of our ad every year. we get a good response, a fair bit of insurance work. it definately pays for itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.