Advantages & Disadvantages ...

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iv been wanting to go on site for some reason maybe just for routine s*** going to price jobs not getting them if you get them travelling picking stuff up id take a start on if one came along

You measure the house and if it comes out at 1.60 a metre you tell them there taking the piss ? You always measure at least one unit if you're on a unit price and there all the same or you're a stupid cant lol
very rare there all the same and you cant keep going to them telling them the measures wrong coz you will be down the road. Be honest are you getting payed for beads forget windows right through, are you getting anything for raked ceilings, pulling out to door casings which are wrong, anything over 2.4, bulkheads, arches, loading up, cleaning out? are you getting retention deducted, citb and holiday pay? what about a reduction for public liability (if you havent got it). Are you getting payed for waiting round for materials?

I like the variety you get with non-site work, I get bored if I'm on the same job more than a couple of weeks :-0

I have and nothings changed your getting nothing extra for heights, raked ceilings beads and your never getting the measure.

Also what you forgot to mention is the standards are soo high now that if you produce s**t work you just don't get paid.

Fair enough site work is money in the bank and regular if you get on a good run but it demoralising it is honestly like working in a factory with no job satisfaction and no respect. Ive satrted back doing domestic and building up a client base is hard at first but a lot more satisfying once your getting established and busy oh and there is always site work if your stuck but god forbid i F*****g hate it xxxxx

Also what you forgot to mention is the standards are soo high now that if you produce s**t work you just don't get paid.
Only on some jobs and lets be honest on them jobs where the standard is very high and they are snagged to **** with a light you aint getting anymore money for it. And if they want to find fault and not pay you they will.

Maybe it's just you flynny?

Yeh maybe it is lol Hey would you believe i was walkin past this stone cottage today and someone had carved into one of the stones "flynny is a ****" I couldnt believe it...........................it wasnt real stone.

very rare there all the same and you cant keep going to them telling them the measures wrong coz you will be down the road. Be honest are you getting payed for beads forget windows right through, are you getting anything for raked ceilings, pulling out to door casings which are wrong, anything over 2.4, bulkheads, arches, loading up, cleaning out? are you getting retention deducted, citb and holiday pay? what about a reduction for public liability (if you havent got it). Are you getting payed for waiting round for materials?
I get the measure through, curved ceilings can be negotiated, if you moan about a door lining being a bit thick I'm not surprised there ripping you off, bulkeads are lm or measure, yes the last job I was on over 2.4 I got paid a rate upto 2.7 then 3.2, no one does arches you weirdo, jobs are loaded out, the last job I was on that was a s**t hole I got daywork, retention and citb occasionally, I reckon you're making the public liability thing up and I try and stay onto of what kits on site

I get the measure through, curved ceilings can be negotiated, if you moan about a door lining being a bit thick I'm not surprised there ripping you off, bulkeads are lm or measure, yes the last job I was on over 2.4 I got paid a rate upto 2.7 then 3.2, no one does arches you weirdo, jobs are loaded out, the last job I was on that was a s**t hole I got daywork, retention and citb occasionally, I reckon you're making the public liability thing up and I try and stay onto of what kits on site

What a load of bollox

Lol you really do think you're the be all and end all don't you ?.......you're getting robbed and I find it rather amusing

Yeh maybe it is lol Hey would you believe i was walkin past this stone cottage today and someone had carved into one of the stones "flynny is a ****" I couldnt believe it...........................it wasnt real stone.
There werent a bloke with a long pointed nose with s**t running down his legs nearby mate was there.

Standards got to stay the same on site like you said Dave domestic customers dont have a clue what the standard should be.

Give it a few years and it'll be mental again all the shits going lorry driving or errr domestic :RpS_lol:

Are you both saying the cream of the trade are still on sites , do me a favour silly young kids just picked up skimming am a plasterer yer right mate. Domestic work also takes in builders who only want the very best plasterers on there jobs it's not just about skimming artex.

Are you both saying the cream of the trade are still on sites , do me a favour silly young kids just picked up skimming am a plasterer yer right mate. Domestic work also takes in builders who only want the very best plasterers on there jobs it's not just about skimming artex.

I do both Henry and i can tell you mate you cant get away with crap on site now like it was any faults and you just dont get paid simple as.

Henry I'm only taking the piss when I say stuff about domestic lads, if you can plaster you can plaster bod is right though people can be choosey nowadays so you have to be at the top of you're game

To true, on the last site they where going round with halogens along the wall, which is unfair as we wasn't allowed to plaster using them, the stuff they where marking out was unreal you'd need a telescope to see it and it couldn't be seen to the naked eye....

Evan the spreads with 40 years experince couldn't belive how much they was getting pulled.

To true, on the last site they where going round with halogens along the wall, which is unfair as we wasn't allowed to plaster using them, the stuff they where marking out was unreal you'd need a telescope to see it and it couldn't be seen to the naked eye....

Evan the spreads with 40 years experince couldn't belive how much they was getting pulled.

If I wasn't allowed to use a halogen and then some ^rsewipe checked my walls with one I would fry his face on the fVckin thing :RpS_cursing:

**** the site work most agents ive come across are total bellends, cant beat domestic help your self to tea and coffee and theres always bog roll on the job!

Who was that for mate and were they trying it on to dock you or there just fussy?

Was on a pearces job mate, for Tj services, i dunno they had a full time pathvter there coming in all the flats after, and they allowed you to have a bit of snagging, so Tj's where being fair was just pearces....

funny thing was i got pulled on a few minor things, but never seen them pull the rough **** next door to me who wasn't using any scrim anywhere properly and had the worst angles and splayed angles i had ever seen....And his cupboards where shocking!

Tell them and tell them it's rubbish shining the light against the wall because it will never come out perfect and you're allowed tolerance.......the last Pearce job I was on the site agent was a nause and I've heard they've gone quiet an trying to get rid of staff so there pulling out all the stops to impress
Don't let them affect you mate tell em to get ******
On another note you havent met the contracts manager called mike have you Ginger hair he's sound

Who's the fbdc bubbles would it stand up? Could do with something like this being a sticky danny it'd be nice to know what British gypsum state for their tolerances and who the contractors go to for their tolerance
Pull you're finger out flynny and earn some karma points :RpS_cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.