adding cement dye to topping out coat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

willyahern

Evening all,

So basically customer has give me a budget for rendering top half of her house.
I have done plenty of rendering in the past, sand and cement and mono but have never added a cement dye to the topping out coat to give it some colour.
Has any one any experience on this and also the mix. Should I use white cement also to get a lighter colour.I'm giving her the price for parex but not sure she will go with it so just trying other options.

You can get an almost white colour with white cement, as long as your sand is also 'white' very light in colour, mixed 5:1:1. You can also add dye with krend gp mortar, so I presume you could do same with weber ocr.
Haven't used either of them myself though.
Krend actually phoned me today pushing their gp mortar, gonna ring them back tomo to see if they'll send me a few bags to try out, anyone think I'll have any luck or will they tell me where to go??

I've recently started using k-rend gp mortar mix as a base coat they upgraded it recently and it's pretty decent to work with now 100% improvement! Excellent for floating up as well!

Thanks everyone.was thinking about putting the buff colour in with it and using white cement also to lighten it up.usual get the yellow plastering sand from Travis as find that the best around.should I throw abit of lime in also? Will probably have to make a little mix and do a trial and see I suppose

Rendered an outside in Brighton circa 1992. The customer wanted a sort of terracotta colour so I bought a red liquid dye . The labourer add a bit to the gauge but the colour hardly changed so I told him to give the container a good shake. By the time I sponged up it was a pillar -box red ! The customer was concerned but I told him it would fade over time. It stayed near enough that colour for about 15 years til it was painted.

Status
Not open for further replies.