addiction cost me everything

Members online

Aphex Twin, boards of Canada, grandaddy, Mogwai, autechre, tortoise, Jeff Buckley, Neil young, Sabbath, low, yo la tengo, fugazi, bad brains, black flag, nick drake, Elliott smith, Leonard Cohen, Arab strap, bonnie prince billy, Radiohead, mercury rev, Brian jonestown massacre, godspeed you black emporer, John grant, Gustav Mahler, Philip glass, David Bowie......to name but a few. Nothing to fear GPS, the abnormal is normal.

Was here in 84 listened to a guy do a track called "Stonehenge " for about 20 mins or more infact those were the only words chorus included:sorprendido3:

am i missing something a. plasterer,....it does my head in this stuff,....please please listen to a song called darlin by the beach boys, .....eloise by barry ryan,...and photogragh by ringo starr ,...they are all on you tube,.......etc etc some good music out there , .......

am i missing something a. plasterer,....it does my head in this stuff,....please please listen to a song called darlin by the beach boys, .....eloise by barry ryan,...and photogragh by ringo starr ,...they are all on you tube,.......etc etc some good music out there , .......
Honestly hector it's good stuff, electronic music is so creative. I love the doors, Neil young etc with a passion, but let the beats wash over you and a whole new world will open up. I hated dance music until I took a trip to East Berlin in the mid 90s went to some club nights held by squatters, blew my mind and not looked back since.

That insomnia song just reminds me of being in bed full of eccies after the dancing with the jaw rattling praying for some sleep

Honestly hector it's good stuff, electronic music is so creative. I love the doors, Neil young etc with a passion, but let the beats wash over you and a whole new world will open up. I hated dance music until I took a trip to East Berlin in the mid 90s went to some club nights held by squatters, blew my mind and not looked back since.
we have a lot in common squarehead, nice to hear that somebody likes the doors/neil young etc,.... but in all seriousness this stuff today does my head in,..... i just can not understand it ,....just out of curiosity whats your fav doors/stones/young/dylan , song,....regards hector

Hector, I'm with you all the way, It's nice to see another spread bringing a leftfield, surrealist element to proceedings. In my early teens I was hooked on the beach boys and my all time summer fave was darlin' got a really nice pace to that track. Then I discovered Brian Wilson and pet sounds.... Love that guy.
been playing darlin all night squarehead,...cant get it out of my mind,...... especially since your comments about being a beach boys fan, all the best

personally think the theme song for the plasterers forum should be darlin beach boys, ....this forum needs a theme song,.... something happy positive etc ,.........i deserve a tpf mug danny,...please send on,........ anyhooooooooooooo any one still reading this go to you tube,... darlin beach boys ,..... this song is doing my head in

we have a lot in common squarehead, nice to hear that somebody likes the doors/neil young etc,.... but in all seriousness this stuff today does my head in,..... i just can not understand it ,....just out of curiosity whats your fav doors/stones/young/dylan , song,....regards hector
Fave doors depending on what mood, if need a bit of tempo then follow me down, peace frog or the classic touch me. Blissed out mood then the end or I****n summer. Neil young - saw him 2008 Hammersmith Apollo, blew the audience away, first half acoustic with my fave don't let it bring you down, followed by second half full on rock set including like a hurricane. He was telling stories like when he sat on the plane next to Hendrix on the way home from the isle of Wight festival. Not big on Dylan or stones. Huge huge Bowie fan (see avatar) his final album blackstar is one of the greatest albums recorded imo. To make your own death into a piece of art is astonishing "look up here I'm in heaven" amazing man and very human too.

personally think the theme song for the plasterers forum should be darlin beach boys, ....this forum needs a theme song,.... something happy positive etc ,.........i deserve a tpf mug danny,...please send on,........ anyhooooooooooooo any one still reading this go to you tube,... darlin beach boys ,..... this song is doing my head in

Given how this thread has gone, the theme song could be Underworld born slippy

I listen to most music, dance is my favourite though, I like the foo fighters, editors, the killers, even a bit of opera after a hard day soaking in a hot bath listening to Andrea bocelli is very relaxing.
image.jpeg

Aphex Twin, boards of Canada, grandaddy, Mogwai, autechre, tortoise, Jeff Buckley, Neil young, Sabbath, low, yo la tengo, fugazi, bad brains, black flag, nick drake, Elliott smith, Leonard Cohen, Arab strap, bonnie prince billy, Radiohead, mercury rev, Brian jonestown massacre, godspeed you black emporer, John grant, Gustav Mahler, Philip glass, David Bowie......to name but a few. Nothing to fear GPS, the abnormal is normal.
Love a bit of mogwai

Hector, I'm with you all the way, It's nice to see another spread bringing a leftfield, surrealist element to proceedings. In my early teens I was hooked on the beach boys and my all time summer fave was darlin' got a really nice pace to that track. Then I discovered Brian Wilson and pet sounds.... Love that guy.
You clearly have had help in group theorpy or something cos to admit you liked the beach boys probably took a lot of demons to over come :lol:

You clearly have had help in group theorpy or something cos to admit you liked the beach boys probably took a lot of demons to over come :lol:
When Lennon heard pet sounds written by Brian Wilson, he asked for it to be played twice, it blew him away.

Love silver apples, new track is good. Try cavern of anti matter (ex stereolab). Hi hats bring the hiss is a cracker. They did a live session on 6 music last night.

See I can only really favour the 80s purely because I was born in them but my uncle would always listen to bands of the time which squeeze became a firm favourite and have now seen them live twice I always have absolute 80s on at work as well

See I can only really favour the 80s purely because I was born in them but my uncle would always listen to bands of the time which squeeze became a firm favourite and have now seen them live twice I always have absolute 80s on at work as well
Going to see the cure at Wembley in December. Joy Division, the smiths all top class.

Some good music coming out of Germany and Holland at mo bands like colorhaze rotor 35007 monkey 3

I do like ska music myself and have seen some unknown bands absolutely own a crowd and get everyone going