acrylic render onto sand/cement render

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwplastering82

Do's anyone know if it's possible to use an acrylic render on a sand/cement undercoat? The block work isn't up to scratch so need's to be evened out before hand

The S/C will have to dry .then use a primer. Itll be fine.but if it the blocks are good you may be able to OCR

I have done a few on S&C but the s&c takes more primer than usual even with a waterproofer in the final coat. Order plenty.

Better if you can use the manufacturers gear, you can get back up then.

Well with most manufacturers you can, not mentioning any names.

the bock works all out. It definitley needs a coat over it to level it out. I thought it would be ok with a primer on it. I think Wetherby do one for such things

How much does it need building out mate? JLM20 is JUB's universal base-coat and will go onto Blockwork. Needs to be meshed and primed. Then all ready for topcoat. Also has manufacturer guarantees and full support

just give it a tight coat of a base coat,
if your render is not ruled tight, your acrylic will show any inperfections up if and when the sun sits on it, and will look terrible.

I know yeah. Had that trouble before on the insulated boards when they weren't fixed flat, even with building out with basecoat the ridges still showed.

When putting an acrylic top coat over s+c do you just go to the bead used for ur base like plastic for example

Status
Not open for further replies.